Regular Contributor

Re: Best high end foundations

Don't forget the "lipstick therapy" when you are ready for a pick me up.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Since you know what foundations you like and the color, why won't you order it online?

Honored Contributor

Lantern?  What? Voice typing and auto spell check just do me dirty sometimes.  Sorry!  That should have been Lancome.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Since you know what foundations you like and the color, why won't you order it online?

@monicakm I will.  I just prefer walking into the store to get it.  If you remember, I was originally concerned they were discontinuing it since I'm the kiss of death for most things I like.  I even contacted Nars and they said they were not discontinuing it.  It could just be that my Sephora is a smaller store. Not as small as the one in Kohls, but smallish nonetheless.  

I currently have new Nars, so new that I can't put the pump in it withouth the foundation overflowing, and I've used it a few times.  They really fill that bottle full.  

Honored Contributor

@jobiz wrote:

Is the Estee L drying or cakey looking?

I use Estee Lauder foundation but for my dry skin I like their FUTURIST product.  I found the Double Wear to drying for me.  

I'd say my skin is not overly dry, just on the dry side.

Trusted Contributor

I love Double Wear! In winter my skin skews dry so I just use a richer moisturizer. You can also sheer it out as well. I was very impressed with Clinique serum foundation as a runner-up. But as close as my Double Wear.
Respected Contributor

Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Longwear foundation and Estee Lauder Double Wear Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Right now I am loving

Il Makaige-perfect color match for me!

LancomeTeint Idole-great coverage, yet natural looking

RMS-great coverage, but right now my face has more color from summer, so the color match is a bit off...

I plan to try Lady Gag's Haus Lab foundation as I received a generaous sample, and loved it!! But right now I do not need to replenish.