Super Contributor

Re: Best fragrance in Josie Maran Body Butter

Vanilla Pear for sure, amazing. I personally can’t stand sweet citrus but also love the Carmel Apple but if you want light get the pear... the body butters are wonderful

Respected Contributor

I like Vanilla Pear, Vanilla Bean & Peppermint Bark.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love her body butters but they are so expensive even on sale  Smiley Sad

In some reviews I have read customers have said the fragrances are not good sometimes and stink and that they have changed from when they bought in the past.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I have yet to try her Body Butters, but as soon as I am done with my Philosophy, I am going to give them a try. I am a Vanilla girl, so I think I will try either Vanilla Almond, or Vanilla Bean!!!

Super Contributor

Vanilla Bean is light and delicious!

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone.Looks like the vanilla family is the winner. I cannot find vanilla fig anywhere except ebay so......I may go ahead and try vanilla bean where I can purchase from a store and not ebay.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sandylu wrote:

Thanks everyone.Looks like the vanilla family is the winner. I cannot find vanilla fig anywhere except ebay so......I may go ahead and try vanilla bean where I can purchase from a store and not ebay.

I'm a vanilla fig fan myself - one of her most popular fragrances.  It smells NOTHING like vanilla btw.  I do NOT care for any of her other vanilla fragrances or anything vanilla actually.   Unlike some ot the other posters, I like the sweet citrus BECAUSE of the woodsy notes added - not your usual citrus.  To each their own I suppose!

Respected Contributor

I purchase her unscented body butter and use my favorite essential oils scent. I have a little container and put some unscented body butter into it and add a few drops of my favorite essential oil. You can find essential oils at TJ Max and most of your stores sell them now.
Valued Contributor

I love josie's argan body butters but IMO the scents are completely hit or miss.  Sweet citrus and vanilla apricot are good and you can never go wrong with unscented. she had a mango one over the summer that was great, but now I can't find it anywhere.  The lemon verbena smells like lemon joy dish detergent.  The vanilla bean and vanilla almond and vanilla pear are all sickeningly sweet and smell like a cheap plug in air freshener.  If you can, sniff at brick and mortar before buying online...

Super Contributor

I dont get what the previous post is talking about the Vanilla Pear is amazing and light and soft and beautiful. My huband always says , You smell so good when I wear this!    It  is a winnner for me. The Vanilla Fig is probably good but the Vanila Almond is not so great.