Contributor

I love love love my Wen, but I haven't used the treatment oils as regularly as I should. I still heat style my hair (I know...shame shame{#emotions_dlg.blush} ) I've settled on using only the SAM CC. Tried them all, and SAM is my go to and my hair likes it the best. My ends are a little dry and frazzled from the heat styling and I know that would improve if I used the oils consistently. I didn't love the SAM oil when I tried it. So can someone tell me which treatment oil would be best? Also...any tips and tricks for application? TIA{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Best WEN oil for dry hair

If you have dry hair, then Fig is your answer and I would go with the Fig Styling prices. You can always combine cleanses and styling products. I use the Fig CC, SC, Oil, Remoist and BL myself....and I really like the scent.

I do not find SAM moisturizing at all....it is drying. The QVC SAM and the GR SAM. I have the SAM gift package (CC, SC, Remoist, Mousse that GR gave out sitting in the bag that I should sell on ebay. The SC comes in a tube and it says anti frizz SC whereas QVC SC comes in a bottle with a pump and the label doesn't say anti frizz SC.

Contributor

Thanks so much for your reply! I was thinking of trying the fig oil. I will say however, when I tried the fig CC my hair was frizzy. Same with the BGT and a few of the seasonals. I always use the SAM glossing serum as well.

Frequent Contributor

I heat style my hair almost every day also. Are you using any styling products? Sometimes the oil alone doesn't work great for my dry ends, so I always mix them with 613 SC and then apply. This really works for me. For the record, I've mixed SAM, CA, TT, SHP, and SOB oils in with my SC.

Respected Contributor

Check out the thread titled "Benefits of Oils". I really like the pomegranate rosemary oil. I do overnight scalp treatments and also add a full dropper to my ends and sleep with it on. I also like to add a couple drops to my leave in or styling creme for extra moisture. I also like to add a few drops to dry, styled hair to smooth my hair and add a nice scent. The oils are also great mixed with body lotion.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Serena11 said:

I heat style my hair almost every day also. Are you using any styling products? Sometimes the oil alone doesn't work great for my dry ends, so I always mix them with 613 SC and then apply. This really works for me. For the record, I've mixed SAM, CA, TT, SHP, and SOB oils in with my SC.

Yes. I use a dab of remoist mixed with the glossing serum before I heat style.

Thanx Hilary77! Checking out that thread now. Cool

Respected Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Serena11 said:

Agree with Serena11 about using styling products when drying your hair. Before Wen I always used styling products to prevent my hair from drying out. You can find good drugstore products that you can use to prevent your hair from drying out.

Regular Contributor

Oils are good to keep the moisture in your hair, in general. But, Chaz really recommends the SC to protect your hair. He likens it to sunscreen for your hair.

Contributor

I've been kind of sporadic with the SC. Always use the glossing serum mixed with a little remoist, though.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. I appreciate it.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

Also, check your cleansing technique - make sure you are really getting the cc into your ends - take an extra second or 2 to push the product into your ends. When I started doing that I could tell a real difference in how my ends felt.