Occasional Contributor

What's your favorite foundation? I don't wear a ton of make-up and really don't like foundation, but really think I look best when I do. My skin is oily and I also have sun spots and scars for various reasons. In any event, I need to wear foundation, but want one that feels like I'm not wearing one. Right now I'm using Bare Minerals Matte and like it, but wanted to get some other opinions.

Esteemed Contributor

IT's a tie for me between Skinn's Serum Foundation or Bare Minerals Serum Foundation. Then IT cosmetics.

Honored Contributor

That is the $64,000 question! I have tried a lot of different foundations and am still on a quest for my HG. I think you just have to keep trying different ones to find the one you like best. BM isn't a bad one to use. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Super Contributor

Missha Perfect Cover is my HG. I get it from Amazon. The name of the seller is Beauty Best LLC. It covers well and last all day.

Valued Contributor

by terry or de rose teint in magic amber. of course, it's been discontinued. i have 6 bottles left before full blown panic sets in.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Trusted Contributor

For mineral foundation - Cory Cosmetics Mica Blend foundation and Cory Cosmetics Mica Free Concealer. Both still available. She has been in business for about 12 years. I'm always worried she is going to be out of biz by the next time I'm ready to order.

For liquid/cream foundation - Dermacia - discontinued now I guess or at least almost impossible to find. Used to be available at Lovely Skin but no more. The company sold to Oxygentics, which I tried but it's not the same. The 2 Ebay sellers I have purchased from in the past no longer are selling it either. Maybe still available through a club thing but I never like that set up. I am down to by last bottle and only half of that left. Sigh.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

For someone who's bought just about every one offered on HSN and QVC and I used to wear Clinique I can tell you that I REALLY like IT.

I use Laura Geller primer and put on IT foundation. It makes my skin all the same color. I really like the way it blends (I'm always in a hurry).

People think I look younger. A lot of it is because my skin is the same color. Most people don't realize how important that is. It covers up any spots and uneven areas.

I highly recommend it.

Honored Contributor

Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous is the closest I have come to replacing my beloved Clinique foundation. Good color, staying power, goes on easily... leaves a nice finish.

What I have tried: Almay (thrown away)/Clinique Blemish one -- not using it/Atelier (NO) and a bunch of others which I will try to find the names of and list. The next one to add in will be MAC white -- to lighten the foundations I own that are too dark, etc. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier is what I've worn for over 15 years. I use her Silk Creme foundation, but she has several different ones. I like it because it looks very natural. You just use a tiny bit, and the tube lasts a very long time. I would recommend going to a Laura Mercier counter and getting someone to help you choose a foundation that's right for you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I received a sample of Laura Mercier's new foundation "Fluide" which gives coverage but yet it doesn't look like you are wearing a foundation -- it's like a second skin. Right now I use her tinted moisturizer and have another foundation of hers but when I use up, I will definitely purchase this new one. It's oil-free, semi matte finish, long lasting and comes in 24 shades. It's a 21st century foundation.

kindness is strength