Respected Contributor

Bergdorf Goodman has 30% off some high priced brands+

Plus 10% back with Rakuten. 

La Mer, Pat McGrath, Christian Louboutin, Tom Ford, Hourglass, etc.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bergdorf Goodman has 30% off some high priced brands+

@Dusty1 I heard they were being bought by Neiman Marcus

Contributor

@tobesBG has been owned by the NM Group for a long time.

Respected Contributor

@El_Lay Oh,maybe it was Bloomies.

Respected Contributor

I worked in BG when I was in college ...   many decades ago.   I waited on Jackie O, Cher, Tina and Tricia Nixon.  It was incredible how many "notables" used to come through each day.  One day I had to go upstairs to the home that the Goodman's owned on the top floor.  OH MY ... it was beyond spectacular, and Mrs, Goodman met me at the elevator and couldn't have been nicer.   MEMORIES!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 Oh how wondersul those department stores were for customer service, quality, latest fashions, etc.  We had a department store in Connecticut called G. Fox & Company owned by Mrs. Auerbach who roamed the 12 storied store daily.  A customer once knocked a perfume bottle over spilling the perfume on my suede jacket as i was walking by.   The perfume bottles were placed on a tiered show case on top of the counter.  Glass shattered and out of nowhere a manager showed up to make sure I was not harmed.  No cuts he asked then went on to ask about my new suede jacket that my husband of six months bought for me specially.  The manager brought me to his office and asked me where the jacket was purchased.  This was long ago and I was only in my 20's and the original jacket came from Casual Corner.  The manager told me he would go with me to Casual Corner and buy me a replacement or I could have G.Fox and Co clean it and if not satisfactory the would replace it with the casual corner item.  I agreed to have the jacket cleaned.  He then asked me if my dress or slip was wet and then gave me money to have both cleaned.  He too me to the basement and gave me a suede jacker to wear home.  A few months later my suede jacket came back cleaned beautifully. I called G Foxto ask where I should send the replacement jacket they gave me and was told...just keep it.  This store was known throught the Northeast and undortunately was replaced by a store of a chain type.  Dont believe there is another one like it.

Trusted Contributor

@tobes I remember G. Fox!  I lived in RI in my 20's and that's where I used to buy all of my work suits.  I loved that store and was very sad to see it go.  I think it was eventually bought out by Filene's.  That was amazing customer service they gave you!

I miss Filene's and Filene's Basement too.  I worked in downtown Boston and used to love to go to Downtown Crossing on my lunch break and have the choice of Filene's Basement, Filene's and Macy's all next to each other.  It wasn't good on my wallet, but it sure was fun for shopping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lkat Well although I called Connecticut home, I, too lived in Rhode Island at thtat tie while my husband was going to URI and at the time my misfortune happened we were visiting m parents in Connecticut.  I love R.I. we go there very summer for out two week vacation to Green Hill Beach..Beautiful!   I loved to shop on my lunchtime then, but that, too seems to have gon away.