Super Contributor

I know my allergy eyes are always blurry, but I am starting to think all these before and after pictures for beauty products look the same. The "after" looks just like the "before", but everyone is oooohing and ahhhing over it. Maybe an eye doctor appt. is in my future...

Super Contributor

It's not just you. My DH usually says as he passes through the room, "she looks better in the Before."

Super Contributor

It's verbal neurolinguistics. They are saying "see" how those wrinkles are gone, how much "younger" she looks in the second picture etc.

Salesmen (vendors) have a whole script where they attempt to play into our psyches, what we want - looking younger or appearing more successful or more dominant or sensual and appealing. It's how they sell cars and beauty products and upscale clothing.

Valued Contributor

It makes me giggle when the brand is a skin care company (not makeup) and in the before the model has zero makeup, maybe not a smile and somewhat messy hair. Then in the after she has full fledge eye makeup, blown-out hair and a big goofy smile. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I look more for clinical studies and pictures from that (not just statistics).

Regular Contributor
On 7/11/2014 pdxlalesley said:

It's not just you. My DH usually says as he passes through the room, "she looks better in the Before."

ITA with your husband. So often I choose the Before picture
Honored Contributor

Whew, glad it's not just me. They exaggerate so much about the results in the second picture and I'm thinking, "huh?"

Irishrose136 - I think you're on to something.

Honored Contributor

Befores & Afters: What a joke.........if you simply press your eyebrows UP, they will stay that way for a short time.............(remember this when you have your picture taken)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Yeah, when watching the WEN presentations I always prefer the before hair. WEN hair just looks limp and greasy to me. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

ITA.

Super Contributor

The before shows Wen model after shampooing with no styling and is a mess. Put on your glasses and read the small print for the after..."with professional styling..." or to that effect.

I don't see any difference between the photos for aging products for the most part either. If I spend $100s for a product, I want real noticeable results and not tiny microscopic changes (if any) after weeks and weeks and bottles and bottles of use.

Subtle lighting color/changes can make a huge difference in photos.