Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman1802 stock up sale coming!

@HappyDaze wrote:

I LOVE, and I mean LOVE the YYT scent. On both hubby and I it smells fresh and clean, not perfumes or flowery at all. I don't like overly floral or powdery scents. My hubby is a big strapping man and would never walk around smelling like a flowery perfume, lol!  Even my dad loves the scent and him and my mom love using the soap in that scent. It is their favorite.

They said they are making a perfume along the same lines and I'm not one to buy or use perfume often but that is one I'd buy. 

@HappyDaze Did not know they were making a perfume. Hope it's light & not overpowering. I don't wear perfume but I will try this one. When people ask me what I'm wearing it's always from a scented body cream.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

Good morning everyone and happy Monday - I just have to say I love the ylang ylang scent.  I finally tried it in the hand wash caddy with the lotion - LOVE.  I've been using the hand lotion all over.  So now I have another favorite scent. Now I wish I wasn't so well stocked on others, but that's OK- I love my pure, my honey oats and vanilla absolute. A bar of soap lasts me 2 to 3 months Woman Happy

@nycgrl I love it too. Wish Evine would keep a kit stocked with the shampoo/conditioner. It's $23 each on the Beekman site + S&H. I have been using Skinn's hair care kit & alternating every so often with the YYT. I bought 3 sets when they had it since I did not know if or when it would be available again.

How does a bar of Beekman soap last you for 2-3 months? I use a bar all by myself taking a shower daily & it only lasts a month. I don't leave it in the shower with the water running on it wasting it either.

@Nightowlz - I shower daily too Woman LOL I don't know why it lasts so long.  I use a big drugstore pouf and I swipe the soap all over the pouf. I opened a honey oat bar in December and it's still got at least another month of use.  I kind of wish sometimes it wouldn't last so long so I could try another one Woman LOL  At the rate I'm going I've got soap for the next 3 or 4 years at least.

I haven't tried the Beekman shampoo.  I don't care for Skinn's hair care.  I have very difficult hair to deal with Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

Good morning everyone and happy Monday - I just have to say I love the ylang ylang scent.  I finally tried it in the hand wash caddy with the lotion - LOVE.  I've been using the hand lotion all over.  So now I have another favorite scent. Now I wish I wasn't so well stocked on others, but that's OK- I love my pure, my honey oats and vanilla absolute. A bar of soap lasts me 2 to 3 months Woman Happy

@nycgrl I love it too. Wish Evine would keep a kit stocked with the shampoo/conditioner. It's $23 each on the Beekman site + S&H. I have been using Skinn's hair care kit & alternating every so often with the YYT. I bought 3 sets when they had it since I did not know if or when it would be available again.

How does a bar of Beekman soap last you for 2-3 months? I use a bar all by myself taking a shower daily & it only lasts a month. I don't leave it in the shower with the water running on it wasting it either.

@Nightowlz - I shower daily too Woman LOL I don't know why it lasts so long.  I use a big drugstore pouf and I swipe the soap all over the pouf. I opened a honey oat bar in December and it's still got at least another month of use.  I kind of wish sometimes it wouldn't last so long so I could try another one Woman LOL  At the rate I'm going I've got soap for the next 3 or 4 years at least.

I haven't tried the Beekman shampoo.  I don't care for Skinn's hair care.  I have very difficult hair to deal with Woman Frustrated

@nycgrl LOL!!! I figured you took a shower every day. I usually wash with the bar of soap all over. Sometimes I use my sea sponge or my salux cloth. I probably don't need as much as I use but it's so sudsy creamy. I just finished using a bar of honey & oats which only lasted about a month. It was broke in half with 2 small pieces left. I throw them in a travel soap box & wash my hands with them. It costs too much to throw out. When I finish using what's left of this honey orange  bar I'm going to mark on the calendar each time I open 1 just to see how long each one lasts. I really don't even think it's a full month. My sister said she thought I was wasting it using it on my salux cloth.

I did not care for Skinns hair care when I first used it. My hair has gotten better with it. It was dry with so much breakage which it seems to really have helped. 

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz - My hair is really long, dry and brittle.  Even as a child my hair was awful. I feel like Cousin ItWoman LOL.  I have no patience with hair "care" products.  I just used some "anti-aging" shampoo last night - I've had it in my cabinet for a long time, but never opened it.  It was a "trial size" kit. Since I just re-did my bathroom I am going through everything as I unpack, purging, etc. and decided to try it before I tossed it. OMG - I'm actually having a good hair day.  But everytime I change shampoo my hair is usually good the first time I use something and then it doesn't last.  I have to always keep changing. As much as I love SKINN, the haircare just didn't do it for me and it was too much work with all those steps - I also didn't care for the scent. I think I have tried every brand on the market Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I LOVE, and I mean LOVE the YYT scent. On both hubby and I it smells fresh and clean, not perfumes or flowery at all. I don't like overly floral or powdery scents. My hubby is a big strapping man and would never walk around smelling like a flowery perfume, lol!  Even my dad loves the scent and him and my mom love using the soap in that scent. It is their favorite.

They said they are making a perfume along the same lines and I'm not one to buy or use perfume often but that is one I'd buy. 

@HappyDaze Did not know they were making a perfume. Hope it's light & not overpowering. I don't wear perfume but I will try this one. When people ask me what I'm wearing it's always from a scented body cream.

Yes,I prefer using scented body lotions over perfume too, @Nightowlz. Whenever I wear the YYT body cream, I get told I smell soooo good by many people. I much prefer the lighter scents of body butters/lotions over full on perfume. I too hope the perfume isn't too strong. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nycgrl wrote:

@nycgrl I know it is wonderful, isn't it? Smiley Happy Glad you love it. A bar of soap lasts my husband at least 2 months. Next time we open a bar I will keep track to see how long it actually takes, lol. 

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

@nycgrl I know it is wonderful, isn't it? Smiley Happy Glad you love it. A bar of soap lasts my husband at least 2 months. Next time we open a bar I will keep track to see how long it takes, lol. 

@HappyDaze - Yes!  I LOVE the s#xy s#xy scent.  I didn't think I would since I'm not a "perfume" person.  Now I wonder what took me so long and can't wait to get more Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok I started using a new bar of Beekman soap on 2-14-17 & it was gone 3-15-17. There was only 2 small pieces left. I also did not use it during 2 days during that time frame. So 1 bar only lasted me 27 days. 

This is the large 9 oz bars.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Ok I started using a new bar of Beekman soap on 2-14-17 & it was gone 3-15-17. There was only 2 small pieces left. I also did not use it during 2 days during that time frame. So 1 bar only lasted me 27 days. 

@Nightowlz

How were you using it? 

I cut mine in half & rubbed some of the 1/2 bar of soap on a mesh pouf, then washed with that. I put the bar on a spiky soap stand when not being used so it would dry. Half a bar lasted me a long time. I don't recall now exactly how long but way more than a month. All I can think is that your soap must be staying wet longer & that is causing it to disintegrate. 

Trusted Contributor

Gosh, I cut my big bars in half, and it lasts forever. That is with 2 people using it. Sometimes I even wash my hair with it.

Easily get 2 months out of half a bar. Maybe more.

Cutting them in half is a big chore in itself! Being triple milled, it is a very hard, solid bar of soap!