Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Thank you so much for recommending the Bed Head shine spray! I've been using it for a couple weeks now on my (mostly) gray hair...and it really works.

I have a short, layered cut. My hair was never "dull", but this product really amps up the shine and brings out the natural highlights. It also seems to emphasize the layers/texture of my hair, which I love. It also gives some hold...all I need for this short cut. No more regular hairspray!

I don't use it every day, just when I'm leaving the house, so that little can will last a very long time.

Respected Contributor

Hello @vermint  Is it oily? My hair is greying, really fine and thin, without any shine these days. It gets greasy 1,2,3. 
Years ago I would use Tre Semme shine spray and if I put a drop too much, I'd have to rewash.

I'm looking to put some shine in this hot mess. What's your opinion? 

Honored Contributor

@vermint.  I'm glad you're  enjoying it.  I just gave myself a shot of it on a fresh haircut, also short and layered in silver.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Hello @vermint  Is it oily? My hair is greying, really fine and thin, without any shine these days. It gets greasy 1,2,3. 
Years ago I would use Tre Semme shine spray and if I put a drop too much, I'd have to rewash.

I'm looking to put some shine in this hot mess. What's your opinion? 

@KBEANS. It's not oily at all and never makes hair feel dirty or stiff.  Feeling your hair, you can't tell you've used it.

That and the great shine are the reasons I like it.

Honored Contributor

Is this the Head Rush?  Just a warning if you don't use a shampoo with sulfates in it, it could cause buildup, so you should clarify occasionally.  

Interestingly, I looked at Bed Head's website to see the ingredients and the description says:  

• Formulated with Cyclomethicone that smooths the cuticle, enhances shine and leaves hair smooth and silky, and Conditioning Complex so hair feels conditioned and soft!

Cyclomethicone is a silicone.  However, when I look at the list of ingredients and there's no cyclomethicone in it.  The first ingredient is Cyclopentasiloxane which is also a silicone.  A lot of shine products use that ingredient and it's usually the first one.  

If it doesn't cause you problems, that's great. Silicones are currently the best heat protectants if you use irons on your hair. 

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS I don't find it oily at all...but I have thicker, wavy hair. I can say, I shampoo every two-three days, and if I've used the spray, it doesn't affect that. 

If you try it, just use a very small amount and see how it goes.

Respected Contributor

@vermint @Kachina624 

Thank you ladies.  On your recommendations; I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Respected Contributor

@vermint @Kachina624 

Hello Ladies,

I finally got around to purchasing this shine spray you recommended and I want to say, "thanks for the recommendation, I love it!"

It didn't leave my hair greasy at all and gave it a little oomph, and a lot of shine.

I looked for this for awhile at the chain drugstores and I never found it there.

Browsing in Marshall's I saw it in their beauty section and grabbed it.

I hope it's not discontinued because I have plans to continue using this for as long as I can.

Thanks again! 😀 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS   I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the product. I've always gotten it on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS I'm glad you like it! I've found that it really helps my hair have more texture as well as shine.

Like @Kachina624 , I ordered mine from Amazon.