Respected Contributor

I can understand some of the skepticism but on the other hand, why would she put out a product that wasn't composed of the best ingredients? (Of course that assumes that she is interested in quality products, which I happen to believe she is).

Most of my skin care is now PC but I haven't loved everything and I do like some other items that aren't highly rated. Read the reviews closely as some are rated lower because of price or potential issues.

Trusted Contributor

Beautypedia is not currently owned or operated by Paula.  It's now unrelated third parties doing the reviews.  Or so they say.  Beautepedia certainly does always seem to recommend Paula's products though.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beautypedia

[ Edited ]

@tucsongal wrote:

I can understand some of the skepticism but on the other hand, why would she put out a product that wasn't composed of the best ingredients? (Of course that assumes that she is interested in quality products, which I happen to believe she is).

Most of my skin care is now PC but I haven't loved everything and I do like some other items that aren't highly rated. Read the reviews closely as some are rated lower because of price or potential issues.

BINGO! Exactly! She reviewed other products LONG before she started her own line. She developed her line based on PROVEN RESEARCH- not HER research, but unbiased scientific studies. No one would ever put out a line of products that were LESS than their own reviewing criteria. So silly.

You can like or not like her products- matters not to me- but not ONE SINGLE other line will give you a list of OTHER brands and products that they'd recommend. Not one single other brand does this. ALL other brands tout their own products as the best and would never ever recommend other brands or products that compete with their own line. I'd say that is as unbiased as it gets, especially now that she also has her own line. Funny how most people IGNORE that fact.

Trusted Contributor

Oh no, HD, I didn't realize I was opening a can of worms!  I'm sorry everyone!  Thanks to everyone for responding so kindly and helpfully!  I really have been overspending on skin care, believing the sales pitches and expecting miracles.  It was good for me to find Beautypedia because it opened my eyes to the fact that there are options out there that are more affordable for me. 

I can't tell you how much I've learned from this QVC beauty board.  I truly appreciate the years of combined wisdom here.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

By the way, I like that the site mentions whether a company does animal testing or not.  All-in-all it's been a fun site for me and I've spent way too much time there!  :-) 

Respected Contributor
Interestingly, with all my junkie research, I never really read Beautypedia reviews....until yesterday. I find the reviews very helpful now. For instance, I was trying some free samples of a moisturizer that came in a tiny tube. But the full size purchased product comes in a tub. Beautypedia gave high remarks for the product but not for the packing. And the reasoning makes sense (not just a sanitary issue but it compromises the potency of particular ingredients over time.) As an aside, I tried a new product last night and my fave was really warm after. Not burning or tingling, just warm. I washed it off and applied my PC 2% bha liquid followed by resist intensive repair cream, and within 20 minutes, my face was cool as a cucumber.
Regular Contributor

Yes, I ran into a Beautypedia quandary just last night. I read in the latest issue of Allure that you should use a pre-wash primer to protect your hair, and they recommended Nexxus. So I ordered it (not yet received it) and lo and behold Beautypedia listed that exact product in their worst new hair products section (along with a product that I ordered a sample of from Sephora!). I guess it'll be returned before I even open it Smiley Sad