Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases This Week; 4/18/24

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone.  Hope you all are having a good week.  Did you make any beauty purchases this past week?  Let us know what you bought and, if you've had a chance to try it out, how do you like it?  Is it a new purchase or a tried and true favorite?

Here's my list:

Perlier - Black Rice Platinum Ultra-Booster Face Serum.  I add this to my skin care at night and it was on a special price so got a couple back-ups.  Absolute Youth Day Face Cream - this is a new product for me and since it was on sale and I want to try a new day cream, thought I would give it a try.

Sephora - Lawless tinted lip balm in Posey; Sephora Collection lip liners in Sink or Suede, Rosewood, the N*dest and two brushes the #56 and #64.  I've got other Sephora lip liners and brushes and like them so I'm sure these will be fine too.  Sol de Janeiro - Delicia Drench body butter.  This is the one @monicakm raved about so decided to get it.  Won't be able to smell it but I don't care, I still like body butters. 

DRMTLGY - Two different sunscreens - one tinted and one not.  Thought I'd try both to see which one I like best.  This is a first time purchase for me from this brand.

SKINN - I ordered the TS from yesterday and the DWP Creme Reverse cream.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts!

Valued Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 4/18/24

@JudyL 

Morning Ladies ! 

I placed another order with Salt NY . I am finishing up an old highlighter and decided to try the Salt NY one Radiant in Pearl . I also order the lip and cheek in Maple . I have been loving my Salt NEW York palette . I tried Seint awhile back . I loved the concept and love Michelle Spieler but I just could not get this to work for me . I know there is a learning curve everyone says but I just didn't like the way it looked or felt on my skin . SALT NEW YORK is everything I wished Seint had been . I like that it is a small makeup artist based company . Customer service is great . Looking forward to hearing everyone's purchases . Have a great day ! 

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Beauties!  I made a number of purchases this week but some of them may be going back. 

Bed Head Masterpiece Hairspray - staple for me.  Got my back up because I’m almost ready to run out.

Holika Black Snail Toner - I was in Marshall’s to get my hairspray and this caught my eye.  I use a few different mists and spray my face in between layering of serums or essences.  

Cibu Dry Wax Spray -  DD used this on me and I liked it, so I bought a can.

SKINN  Pitahaya Essence - a constant in my routine.  An A/S delivery was processed.  I may end up cancelling this going forward.

Perlier Black Rice Day Cream - a staple for me.  An A/S shipment processed.

Perlier Hand Cream - duos were on special anniversary pricing and I took advantage. I bought 6 duos of the plain Honey Miel, 2 duos of the Honeydew Honey, 1 duo of White Almond, and 1 duo of Double Latte.  A few are for me but most will be used as gifts this year.

Benefit Cosmetics Hoola  Matte Jumbo Bronzer - it was on sale and I was fed up with the LG and IT not working.  I’ve used Benefit in the past but lost it somewhere, maybe left it behind on a trip.  Hopefully I still like it and the shade is flattering.

Skinn Age Reset Serum A/S -  I decided to re-up with the TS since it’s quite likely my current plan will soon be cancelled. I tried to find a comparable serum for a lower price but I would have had to make a compromise on ingredients in order to go less expensive.  I found some that were a little more complex but in the same ballpark on price so why switch?  It made sense to me to stick with Skinn and accept what is.  The TS price turned out to be better than I expected.  Now the A/S plans are not what they were presented to be so I'm probably going to return it and cancel, if the PTP refuse to do the right thing. I’ve used the Age Reset for many years.  I'd hate to have to give it up, but I will if HSN doesn't make things right.

Skinn DWP Creme Reverse Intensive Duo - a longtime staple for me.  Signed up for a new auto ship plan, via the Weekly Deal Drop but now that A/S plan not working out as I expected due to HSN's dishonesty or terrible IT department.  I'd really like to know which.  I just received a big supersize jar recently so I'll have plenty. I'll keep the new duo, since it's something I use, but I'm cancelling the next shipment.  I'll push the next big jar delivery several months, close to the end of the year, and let things level out.  We'll see if they make it right but I'm not too hopeful at the moment.

Skinn DWP Eye Creme Reverse A/D - I had this as a duo in the past, but canceled a number of months ago and have been using up what I’ve had.  I thought I would move on, but decided to get back on it.  Since I'm mad at HSN, it will probably go back. 

Skinn Lip 6X Serum - I’ve used this for quite some time. Picked up another since it was on sale and I had a coupon code.  Again, I'm mad at them so this may go back too. 

Continuous Misting Bottles (2) from Amazon.  One will be for my Tweak'd Triple XL CleanDitioner.  I like the product a lot but their sprayers are lousy. The other will be for my Alteya Rosewater that comes in a heavy glass bottle. 

Frequent Contributor

NARS Power High Intensity Lip Pencil in Bohemium Rhapsody-This is a great pencil for staying power. Every lipstick I use bleeds and smears. They used to make a velvet matte but discontinued (Darn!) and raised the price on this new crayon. Non drying too.

L.A Colors Lip Liner in Rose All Day-This is very nice and cheap.

NYX Lip Liner in Nude Pink- A staple for me.

Urban Decay Glide on Eye Pencil -Probably one of the best pencils I ever used for eyes. I believe the @Shanus may have mentioned this? I got the gray matte in "Smoke." This really does glide along the eye!

All were on sale at Macys last week except for the LA Colors liner.

The NARS lip crayon was expensive even with the sale but I buy a lip color once every 5 years. I think I have 3 nowSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Nothing this week----

Respected Contributor

Peter Thomas Roth tsv crepe products.  I have used them several times this week (alternating with Gold Bond) and really like the face product.  Am using it on my marionette lines and seeing some plumping there.  Any affect is good to me on that area.

Skinn Lip 6x Serum:   On sale on hsn and I added another to my stash.  I love this stuff at night and use in rotation with the Laneige lip balm.  This product disappears periodically and I want to keep a supply for my use.

That's it for me.  Looking forward to seeing what others have found. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

@JudyL 

I've been on a Beauty Binge here lately.  So much so, I forget what all I've purchased.  This is easy to recall because it just arrived lol.😃

IMG_0710.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Hi @JudyL and all, I purchased The Skinn DWP Creme Reverse Cream Duo. Haven't received it yet but the reviews were good from trusted posters here so I ordered. Hope everyone enjoys their purchases. It was nice to be able to post on the thread! 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Contributor

I made quite a few purchases this but I don't foresee any purchases for next week.  *crosssing fingers!"

Skinn Dermappeal 8oz tub-Purchased 2 of them as my sweetheart hubby and I love mechanical exfoliation.  Been using Clinique For Men Exfoliating Cleanser for decades and wanted to try Dermappeal again based upon rec from JudyL!

Skinn Deep Wrinkle Protocol Creme Reverse Duo A/D-Purchased this based on the rec of Jeanlouisefinch (sp?)!  I've been looking for a p.m. moisturizer with a meaningful amount of actives for my nights off from my RX retinoid, (taz/tret).

Skinn TSV Age Reset Serum A/D-Purchased this upon another rec from my glamour gals here to use w/the DWP Creme Reverse and my vitamin c serum, usually eiether Peter Thomas Roth Potent C Power Serum (HG!) or Sunday Riley CEO Serum.  I alternate them as I use each container up.  ALWAYS.

Skinn Deep Wrinkle Protocol Body Butter Duo-Although JM's Whipped Body Butter is my fave, I liked the ingredients and the price was not bad.

Philosophy TSV-Purchased 2 sets of the original Amazing Grace and 2 sets of the Amazing Grace Lavender.  One set of each are going to my MIL (yes still trying to buy her approval!) and the other 2 are for me.  I heard the Lavender one smells lke fabric softener which is exactly the scent I'm hoping for as I never smelled it before.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleansing Clothes 5 pack A/D-I purchased 4 sets of these and scheduled them to come every 60 days.  I know that seems rediculous buy the hubby and I LOVE these and use them for so many things e.g. after the gym, quick freshen up for our doggy dogs, quick face wash in a pinch in the a.m. etc.  I do notice however that when Philosophy specifically has these insane deals its because their products are old.  Should that be the case and I find them inferior I'll just return them.  Philosophy no longer being sold at Sephora makes it a hassle to order them onliner rather than just go to one of the million Sephora's in Manhattan!

Josie Maran Mega Size 6oz Protect and Perfect SPF 47-Purchased 3 of these for my hubby and me!  We're SPF obsessed. Love this sunblock though I wish it was just a bit lighter in consistency!  I love this mega size.  Think I'm good now with SPF's several months.

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Duo-The price for this was very good on HSN.  Would've ben nice if they had A/D.

Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm 6.8 oz Value Size-Picked up 2 of these at Sephora store on Soho.  My HG cleansing balm! I absent mindedly forgot I ordered the Clinique Cleansing Balm Duo on HSN online!!!  I guess I'll be stcoked up for a while!

Clinique Blended Powder in Bronze-Tried at Sephora and moticed they changed the formula and removed the talc in it.  Loved the bronze shade to set my JM SPF!

I used to be Tem77 but QVC lost my account! All my A/D orders have been re-instated phew!
Honored Contributor

@NYCTem77  - You got some great stuff!  Enjoy all of it!