Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases This Week; 2/22/24

[ Edited ]

Good morning Beauties!  Let us know what you've purhased and if you've tried it, how you like it or maybe don't like it!

My list:

RMS - her ReEvolve foundation - think that's the name.  The first shade I got was just a tad off so went down one.  It finally arrived yesterday.  I tested it and think it'll work fine.  Will give it a full test today and see how it looks, etc.

Have two other items on the way from Laura Geller.  They may arrive today and if so, I will update this post.  Otherwise, will comment on it next week.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts!  Take care!

UPDATE:  The Laura Geller items arrived in the mail this morning.  I like them! The eyeshadow palette Rosy & Rustic are shades that are right up my alley.  I can see me using all of them.  Also ordered a lip balm in Figger Than Life and like that shade a lot.  Received 2 freebies - a compact mirror that I'll put in my purse and an Italian Marble Lipstick in Berry Vanilla.  I've never been a fan of Laura's lipsticks because they don't show up on me and this is no exception.  Not sure what I'll do with it but since it was free I may keep it and use it more as a lip balm.

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 2/22/24

[ Edited ]

Ordered DD's Hydroshield, after going a year without it...it's on the way, looking forward to getting it.

Exchanged that Natasha Denona eyeshadow palette I posted last week about feeling it wasn't worth the $70 for me..

Maybe I already posted these last week not sure...But I don't think I had actually done the exchange yet or tried the new products.

Got in it's place another of Sephora's HYA Hyaluronic acid everyday cream...repurchase of this...I like it. Nothing BIG deal about it, just an easy, affordable everyday cream. Small tube so only lasted about a couple months for me.

Tried InnisFree Mineral SPF 35 sunscreen...I really like this! Lightweight, no white cast, easy dry down, great under makeup. Has a very slight fragrance, that doesn't bother me or stay with you once it's on. 

Leneige nightime lip mask. This has a lot of hype out there...lots of people LOVE it, and all the fragrances it comes in. There was only one left at my Sephora that day, Berry, (my first choice would have been Vanilla, but Berry was my 2nd choice.)

I don't get the hype. It's fine, & I'll keep it. But, as far as the "delicious fragrance"...hardly smell or taste any berry at all. As far as "I wake up with the softest lips!!" My lips felt the same as ever...not dried out, but not noticeably more soft. Maybe it takes time? Anyway, I expected more..."yummy fragrance" and super moisturizing. It's not that for me. But it's nice enough to keep. Wouldn't repurchase. I own many a random lip balm in a tube I put on at night that makes my lips much softer and taste great.

That's it for me. 

Respected Contributor

No purchases here this week.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Beauties! 🪻

My recovery is going quite well and I’m feeling great.  I was able to quit the narcotic pain meds over the weekend.  Skincare wise, I’ve been getting by with a lick and a promise since I’ve been home but on Tuesday I got back in the groove.  Fortunately I didn’t have any setbacks but I also knew I couldn’t continue being lazy indefinitely.  I had an appointment with my NP yesterday so that gave me a reason to shower, wash and style my hair, and dress in actual clothes, sort of. It felt good to put a full face of makeup on.  I’m still wearing soft elastic waist fleece/activewear pants or loungewear for the time being, until my incisions are completely healed.  After my appointment we did a quick Aldi run for a few things.  It felt good to be out and about for a little while. I'm so glad that spring is in sight and just a few weeks away. 

Here's my list for the week -

Laura Geller Illuminating Under Eye Primer - this is a staple for me. It lays down nicely over my eye treatment products and sets a nice base for concealer and/or under eye brightener.

Perlier  Royal Elixir Double Youth Night Serum & Cream - A/S delivery arrived.  This is a staple for me as a PM eye cream and above the lip cream.

Perlier Pearls of Youth Serum - A/S delivery arrived.  This is a staple for me. I use it every morning, either cocktailed or layered with my Lab Direct Power Punch Serum

Vie Beaute Eyelash Serum - A staple for me

Taya Guarana Stimulating Root Lifter - stumbled upon a demo of this and they got me to try it - waiting for delivery

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  - I've been wanting to try the Laura Geller under eye primer but every time I go to purchase it, it's sold out.  Must be a good product!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  - I've been wanting to try the Laura Geller under eye primer but every time I go to purchase it, it's sold out.  Must be a good product!

@JudyL - it's available on Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@JudyL - it's available on Amazon.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  - Great!  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb Sorry the Laneige Lip Mask didn't work for you but i love the stuff.  I use it at night and keep one in my purse for use when in the car with the a/c on and when I am out and about.  I wonder if those with exceptionally dry lips are the people who love it?  I take meds to dry me out due to hyperhidrosis and there are few lip products that will help my lips.  This lip mask is one that does work for me.  I also love Skinn 6x Lip Serum.  So many lip products just ball up and dry out on me.

My only beauty purchase this week is receiving the 2 Skinn 6x Lip Serums from HSN.  I also got my hair highlights lightened in preparation for letting my hair go "gray".  My hairdresser thinks this will let the gray blend in better as we grow it out.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I rotate my Philosophy body washes according to season and in preparation for spring I ordered a duo of super size Pure Grace. 

I also ordered Philosophy Microdelivery Wash duo that came in a 32 ounce and 8 ounce size.  I plan to take the 8 ounce with me on vacation over spring break. 

Respected Contributor

This week I orderd a set of  makeup brushes from Lancome for a gift. they arrived today! Very nice for a starter kit!

Armani lumious silk glow liqurid bronzer

Thats if for me!!