Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases 8/12/21

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,  We are in the middle of August -- hard to believe.  This past week I did not purchase any beauty products.  I am currently enjoying my Trish McEvoy No. 9 purchase.

I hope some of you made purchases and want to share them with us.  I personally love to hear about beauty products you really like or really dislike as one of us may be interested in purchasiing.

Enjoy your weekend and always stay safe. Cat HappyHeart

Beauties, I want to personally thank you for making this the BEST thread in the forum.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 8/12/21

My recent purchase was Kaplan MD Diamond Coutour 1 Minute Daily Facial 2 piece kit.

I 've only used it one time, last night...pleasantly surprised. Once in a while I come across something that makes a difference in my complexion and I'd say this one scored. It says 'daily' facial but I don't think I'll use it daily, maybe 2 or 3 times a week. My skin seems smoother and tighter. Great purchase for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Tarte's sugar rush brow. (I didn't answer in your other brow thread...) I particularly like a wider pencil type, which tarte used to have, but no longer carried. Stroke, stroke, stroke & you're done!

I was hesitant over this one because it came in one shade, but this is perfect for me.

@sarahpandaI also like the Kaplan!

Honored Contributor

I ordered but have not received yet, 2 brushes - wanted one to use only with my bronzer and 1 smaller powder brush.  Also ordered the new Lancome concealer.  Saw a couple YT videos for the "mature" woman and the ladies were raving about how wonderful it is and the reviews seem good.  Still trying to find a concealer that works for me. *sigh*

Hope everyone is doing well!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whew what a hot and rainy few days we've had this week. I collected several twigs and small branches yesterday morning.  Today there are a few more from last night's storm. 

I'm waiting for my Amazon subscriptions to arrive tomorrow.  I had ordered some Almay  Oil-Free Makeup Remover and shipping was delayed so I canceled it and decided to try one from CeraVe. 

I also ordered:

* COSRX AHA/BHA Toner - I had the QRx Labs Glycolic Acid Toner and didn't like it, so it's going back.  It was a bit harsh and left my skin sticky. 
* Essence Volume Booster Lash Primer - this is a reorder for me.  It's inexpensive but it works great.  I put it on subscription.

I'm expecting delivery today of a tube of Skinn Wrinkle Soak.  Yes, I know I've said I've moved on from Skinn, and for the most part I have.  There are a couple things I still stick with, though.  I was happy to see this watermelon mask being sold separately, at a discounted price, and available on subscription during Dimitri's last visit.  

We'll, that's it for me.  Have a great weekend everyone! 😊

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch    Believe it or not Kylie Skin has an exceptional Vanilla Milk toner.  It will remove any excess makeup after you cleanse and it diminishes pores and smells wonderful.  I have sensitive skin to some degree and have no problems with it.  Nordstrom sells it (free shpg./free returns).  Just an FYI.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch    Believe it or not Kylie Skin has an exceptional Vanilla Milk toner.  It will remove any excess makeup after you cleanse and it diminishes pores and smells wonderful.  I have sensitive skin to some degree and have no problems with it.  Nordstrom sells it (free shpg./free returns).  Just an FYI.

Yes, @Katcat1, you've mentioned this product before. Thanks, but I don't believe toners should be used for getting left behind excess makeup. That means someone hasn't done a good job in their cleansing step. I do a double cleanse so that's not an issue. I believe toners should be used as a conditioning, refining, or mild/gentle treatment step.  I'm also not interested in enriching anyone from that family.  JMO, but thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   I did not mean that the toners purpose was to remove any excess makeup but after cleansing any toner you use may pick of some makeup or not.  I only wash my face once. in a.m. and once in p.m.  and sometimes inbetween.  I did not know you disliked that family so much.  I say the mother is a piece of work to be proud of her daughter for making a sex tape and making the family rich.  Morals?  I don't think so.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I bought a Girlactik 3 in 1 lip sparkle balm in Twinkle.  I really like it.  It feels moisturizing and has fairly good staying power for a balm (I have been using it as a topper)

I am thinking about going back and getting another one and maybe trying one of the matte lipsticks as well.  The shade "romance" looks pretty, but it is difficult to pick out shades online.

Respected Contributor

I bought Giovanni tea tree invigorating shampoo to alternat with my Tweak'd products.  Also ordered from sephora the Natasha Denoro Glam eye shadow palette and the Xenon mini palette.  Should get first of next week.   I bought to replace some very old shadows that I need to discard.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.