Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

That Smoke n Roses palette is really pretty and very usable.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Some info about that PUR foundation...

It comes with a sponge inside the compact. That's not suppose to be used to apply the foundation. The sponge is used to pat down the foundation after you apply it with your brush. Patting the foundation down is not really necessary but it sort of 'fixes' it place and blots off the excess if there is any. That's what I remember the rep saying when I first saw it presented a long time ago. I never used that sponge but just wanted to let you guys know what the sponge is for. Maybe the newer compacts don't have the sponge anymore. I haven't bought it in a while.

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@San Antonio Gal 

Thanks, @SilleeMee.  I also saw it on sale, on the Ulta website, and the directions for use said to use the sponge for application.  I'll experiment when I get it,  

Honored Contributor

Here is a photo of the Smoke n Roses palette.  Too bad I'm finished with buying makeup and have banned CP completely.  It's really pretty

ColourPop Smoke

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Some info about that PUR foundation...

It comes with a sponge inside the compact. That's not suppose to be used to apply the foundation. The sponge is used to pat down the foundation after you apply it with your brush. Patting the foundation down is not really necessary but it sort of 'fixes' it place and blots off the excess if there is any. That's what I remember the rep saying when I first saw it presented a long time ago. I never used that sponge but just wanted to let you guys know what the sponge is for. Maybe the newer compacts don't have the sponge anymore. I haven't bought it in a while.

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@San Antonio Gal 

Thanks, @SilleeMee.  I also saw it on sale, on the Ulta website, and the directions for use said to use the sponge for application.  I'll experiment when I get it,  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

The PUR chisel brush is made just for the 4-in-1 foundation. It lays down a perfect amount of product to give an almost full coverage which is buildable. Otherwise for a more sheer coverage you can use a regular buki brush. I like to use a flat-top buki brush made by Honeybee Gardens who also makes pressed mineral foundations. Their buki is not to dense so it doesn't pick up a lot of product so it gives you a more sheer application.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Here is a photo of the Smoke n Roses palette.  Too bad I'm finished with buying makeup and have banned CP completely.  It's really pretty

ColourPop Smoke

@monicakm and @RollTide2008 - that is a pretty palette!