Trusted Contributor

How do you know when the special price will expire  ?  Seems like sometimes its 24 hours and other times its a few days 

Respected Contributor

Well I guess it doesn't matter now that they're doing away with Beaity IQ but my understanding is that M-Th it's 24 hours and whatever is from Friday lasts all weekend until Monday at 8pm since they don't broadcast live Sat and Sun.

Frequent Contributor

Last night they had regular QVC programing on Beauty IQ. Big disappointment. The idea of Beauty IQ had so much promise, but the management blew it. Now I hear Beauty IQ is going digitial. I'm not sure what that means, maybe it's going to be on the Internet now. Who knews, who cares at this point?

Super Contributor

Hs it been verified by Q that BIQ channel/programming is being DISCONTINUED?  I remember that during the holiday season then channel was being infiltrated by non-beauty programming like “great gifts”...however, I thought that was just temporary for holiday shopping. @Grouchomarx 

Honored Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:

Hs it been verified by Q that BIQ channel/programming is being DISCONTINUED?  I remember that during the holiday season then channel was being infiltrated by non-beauty programming like “great gifts”...however, I thought that was just temporary for holiday shopping. @Grouchomarx 

@MsCatLuver  Yes, it has been verified.  The regular Beauty iQ hosts, Elise Ivy and Courtney Cason both gave their own fond farewell statements to the Beauty iQ channel (they announced it on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube).  They said that channel will become QVC3, and show all pre-recorded programming.

They also said QVC will be introducing a “digital” beauty channel soon, but no other details on that. 

All the crew and host on Beauty iQ are now working on QVC and QVC2.  In fact, Elise is now Mary Beth Roe’s social media host during her Thursday night weekly show on Q2 from 6pm to 8pm.

Super Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  Thank you  for your reply nd detailed explanation 

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure exactly what went wrong with that channel. It definitely had promise,  I would watch it a handful of times during the work week, for the simple fact that callers were not allowed to call in. I also enjoyed the live demonstrations It might have been a combination of not enough people having access to the channel via their televisions, a lot of people do not want to view shows on their computer or phones, also I am not a person that tends to make a purchase when I first see it. I come back to items that I like. Perhaps, they did not have a good method of actually capturing sales through the channel. 

Valued Contributor

Mixed feelings about mixed-up BIQ.  I liked watching the live demos and in-depth product presentations cuz I mostly buy beauty items from QVC.  BUT,

one of the Hosts drove me to Mute the channel with her long-winded girly blathering about irrelevant nonsense, and the other saying "as well" 6 times in every sentence, and Alberti's voice got on my last nerve....so buh-bye.

I bought more beauty products while watching it (on phone or computer) but lately the channel has been boring repetitive and/or annoying.  There's always YouTube, Amazon, Sephora, Ulta, etc.  I'm surprised they're not keeping it a 24-hr channel called "Q3-IT-Philosophy".  (Who's running things this past year or so anyway? Anyone?)  Don't they know by now that Cosmetics/Beauty is a kazillion-dollar business in the U.S.?  Fail.  QVC doesn't seem to have many problems presenting and selling in their other departments....do they?

** the simplest answer is most often the correct one.

Esteemed Contributor

Too bad.  It was a great idea that never worked.  I thought it was going to be new, different beauty brands not shown on QVC - but no.  Same old boring stuff.  I tried to watch BiQ a couple times, but it was like watching YouTube.  Close ups, poor lighting, grainy.   In my opinion, it was difficult to watch.  So I didn't. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt