Regular Contributor

It has become clear that Beauty IQ channel is no longer being used for beauty but why is there no announcement or communication around this?  QVC created a base of loyal beauty followers over past several years ....and then you just remove beauty programming all together without any sort of communication?  Idea of channel to me was a good one - I buy a lot of beauty and like to watch the demonstrations but huge fail was that it did not offer enough variety and way too repetitive with same 2 hosts and mostly same brands (I have seen enough Josie Maran, IT, Philosophy, Peter Thomas Roth, Mally to last a lifetime).  Occassionally the Beauty IQ Steal was a good one but most times it was maybe $5 off regular price so not exactly a steal.  You also cannot have a 24 hour channel and only have "new programming" a few hours a day.  Good idea - bad execution - and would have been nice to let your loyal customers know of programming change instead of just having them figure it out.

Esteemed Contributor

They made an announcement, @DebNYC31 , but it was so poorly done many missed it.

Trusted Contributor

I really miss beauty IQ.  what exactly did they say with the announcement.

Frequent Contributor

I really miss it, too. 

QVC has soooo many beauty items. Wish they had shown a bit more variety. Otherwise, it was a fun channel that honestly got me buying more often than regular QVC did. Guess I'm a bit of a skincare and make-up junkie, haha. 

I really hope they revisit the idea of a channel dedicated to beauty/skincare/wellness and try to make it work. 

☺️

Trusted Contributor

Courtney made an announcement on her last live B IQ show.

https://www.facebook.com/CourtneyCasonQVC/videos/2218024311783479/

Trusted Contributor

So if I'm understanding this correctly...it will be QVC3 and do repeats of shows from QVC and QVC2.  If so, how boring and something I won't be watching.  They do enough repeats on those channels.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you " ARUTHBE" QVC2 is bad enough with the reruns and prices and quanities aren't even accurate , and even worse it isn't even in HD , this is 2019. Make QVC2  24 hours in HD and do away with the third channel.

Honored Contributor

Regarding the Beauty iQ demise, QVC left the announcement up to the hosts, Courtney and Elise.  They gave their separate good-byes on FB and Instagram, as well as their last Beauty iQ show.

I do think it's strange that QVC as a whole has not really acknowledged it.  The hosts in live shows on QVC and QVC2 are still mentioning the Beauty iQ Steal products that are still called that and continue to pop up in shows.  But no mention that there's no Beauty iQ channel anymore. 

It's a failure, anyway you look at it, so I guess QVC wants to keep it rather low key. 

Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I agree with you " ARUTHBE" QVC2 is bad enough with the reruns and prices and quanities aren't even accurate , and even worse it isn't even in HD , this is 2019. Make QVC2  24 hours in HD and do away with the third channel.

@MW in Iowa , FYI, Q2 is presented in HD by my cable provider. 

Regular Contributor

Over the past month my cable provider added HSN2, QVC2, and JTV to my HD selection. I am so turned off now and overwhelmed. I haven't bought anything from all of the networks in awhile, turns out to be good for my pocket book Smiley Tongue

I do miss BeautyIQ. I would record it regularly to get the information and tips.