Trusted Contributor

I may be late to the party, but does anyone use the Beauty bio R-45 retinol treatment that is the TSV today?  

I'm seriously thinking about it.  I'm using the PTR time release retinol at the moment, but I think I've sort of reached a plateau.  

Input welcome!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm  thinking I'll try it.  Figure can always return it if I'm dissatisfied.

Honored Contributor

I would not want that Retinol eating up my skin.  If you're brave -- enjoy.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Since this product has been around for awhile especially on HSN, I suggest reading reviews on both sites. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Bio TSV

[ Edited ]

Customer reviews appear to be very polarized. 

One time I asked my derm about using retinol and she said using retinol is the least economical way to use a retinoid and that the road to get results is a long one compared to using tretinoin (Retin-A). My derm said in the long haul I'd be better off using tretinoin instead. I agree with that.

Esteemed Contributor

Whatever happened to Green Cream users? I never used it, but it was the talk of this Board years ago.

I would not want to see someone dissuaded in using/trying retinol, if you are seeking to nudge your skin turnover. The Bio product is quite expensive, but at least the retinol is introduced in increments, and so would lessen any bad skin reactions. (I do not use this one, either.) But, that's what the Green Cream was all about.

There are enough studies that concludes retinol is highly effective, long-term. Anyway, I am a case in point. I began with a low % (.15) retinol 14 years ago and continue to use that very same low percentage. I found (personal experience & research) that there was absolutely no reason for me to up the strength.

I can't sing all the benefits now, but retinol is one of the best skin ingredients that (back then) my aging skin discovered and one that has and still gives me stunningly beautiful results. Maybe consistency is one key.

Trusted Contributor

I have ordered and used this two different times.  I was very pleased with the results which is why I ordered again today.  I just wish they offered a retinol product to use in between. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder how the vendor knows that the woman didn't get jobs in her business is because she looked old.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954, Oh, I agree.  And wow does that play into 'ageism'.  Who's going to say 'I didn't choose you because you look old'? And how do you prove that?  There are so many other ways the vendor could have 'sold' this product than to use that reasoning.  Of course the vendor looked all of about 12 years old.  

That was the one thing that bothered me about the sales pitch.  The photos and clinicals I always take with a grain of salt, but the silly ageist 20-something vendor should have known better.

(P.S. yes, I ordered it!  Young silly vendor notwithstanding)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammijo10 wrote:

@rms1954, Oh, I agree.  And wow does that play into 'ageism'.  Who's going to say 'I didn't choose you because you look old'? And how do you prove that?  There are so many other ways the vendor could have 'sold' this product than to use that reasoning.  Of course the vendor looked all of about 12 years old.  

That was the one thing that bothered me about the sales pitch.  The photos and clinicals I always take with a grain of salt, but the silly ageist 20-something vendor should have known better.

(P.S. yes, I ordered it!  Young silly vendor notwithstanding)

@Sammijo10 

FYI, Jamie is either 39 or 40 years old.