Respected Contributor

Bath & Body Works - glitch in ordering

Didn't know which forum to post this on, but since the problem concerned a lip gloss, I'll post it here.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I placed an order earlier today to take advantage of their 20% off and free shipping one-day sale. A lot of the items in my car were part of the "buy 3, get 2 free" or "buy 2, get 1 free" promotions. Since you could mix and match items, I had 3 separate lip glosses in my cart, and the 3rd should have been free. AFTER I pressed the "submit order" button and the order was processed, a message popped up that one of the lip glosses wasn't in stock so I wouldn't get charged for it. Well, that's fine, but it also cheated me out of my freebie.

I didn't think customer service would even be open on Sunday, but I called anyway. The rep told me that's a known problem in their system that they're trying to correct. She made up for it by offering to send me a $20 gift card AND a free shipping code. I thought that was very nice, especially since the glitch only cost me about $6.00. Anyway, just wanted to share in case this happens to anyone else.