Trusted Contributor

Re: BareSkin Foundation - Keeping it, or not?

I'm on the fence too. I have used BE since 2001. I usually wear Fairly Light and tried the Bare Natural. It's okay, albeit a bit dark for me. They told me at the boutique to try Linen. I find it tedious to use. Having to put the lid on the bottle and shake it every time you need more product is a time waster for me. Plus, sometimes the drops don't come out that easily.

It has slowed down my make-up routine in the morning. I do not have any issue yet with it flaking much. It is shinier than the powder, but seems to give me good and smooth coverage. I haven't tried it in the real hot weather yet to know its staying power.

I just don't know what to do with it. I use moisturizer and primer under, but don't know about MV on top. I might try Clear Radiance on top as that is my favorite BE product. It does hide blemishes, but not as good as the powder. I have to use a lot of the cream concealer (not the bisque) after I apply the foundation to make sure the red marks are covered.

I'm still on the fence. I'm not all that hyped about the brush. It's not soft on my skin and I wonder if another brush would smooth it out better on application.

Regular Contributor

I have been switching back and forth and have come to the conclusion that when it's gone, I won't get more. I will either just keep skipping shipments on the A/D or cancel it altogether. It's only 'just ok' compared to the loose minerals. It does make my face shiny and requires me using much more Mineral Veil than I do with the loose stuff.

Honored Contributor

I tried it without primer and I think I might like it better without primer.

I'm still experimenting with it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I had been using the original, but had to go through too many exfoliating, smoothing, moisturizing, priming steps on my middle-aged skin, and it was still looking ugly after all that. I had a BE shop employee put the Bare Skin on me "cold," i.e. without any prep, with a light application and light dust of Mineral Veil, and I liked how it looked and felt, so I've ordered some. Time will tell, but from my experience so far it would appear to work better for me than the powder. I wear Fairly Light so I'm going with Bare Linen - what the BE employee used and what an Ulta clerk demoed on her hand, compared to the truly golden shades, to look best on me.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Occasional Contributor

I wanted to like this. tried a little at Sephora and looked ok in the store (bare shell) but when I received mine today from QVC it looks orange ??? I did shake it really well and it is hard to get it out of the bottle. Going back Smiley Sad I did like the IT foundation in the last TSV and will use that. Really disappointed

Esteemed Contributor

I've really been wanting to try this so headed over to the BE store today to take advantage of the 20% FF sale. The gal put it on me and I did like it so went ahead and got some with the brush...we'll see how it goes tomorrow when I try it. I also got a couple of the ready eyeshadow palettes. It was between the BE and the Philosophy Miracle Worker but I couldn't find the Miracle Worker foundation locally to match the shades, plus the Miracle Worker skin care breaks me out and I was concerned that would do the same.

Super Contributor

Returning....I actually had a hard time detecting a serum in this foundation. I also think it needed to provide more coverage. The introduction of this product seemed rushed to me. It's like the chemists weren't through, but they were pressured to get it to market.

Honored Contributor

I am keeping, but I'll be using more than 2-4 drops, and I may switch to fingertips first, then the brush. For decent coverage and complexion evening I need more. When I use more, and buff with the brush, it isn't "too much", but covers better. I shake it a lot and have no trouble getting it to comeout of the bottle. I actually need to put the top back on between drop applications because if I don't it wells out with the bottle just sitting on the counter and is wasted.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I got this the other day..iam so happy with it!!! Iam 67. And this is my dteam come true!!! Feels like nothing pn.looks so natural.moisturizers my skin.and last all day without feeling.dry!! Love this! Bren
Super Contributor

I sent mine back....I ordered 3 different shades but only opened one of them and I didn't like the feel of it on my face......so I went back to my Matte Med Beige.....right now I'm only using my mineral veil until I see the Dr about the red cheeks and dryness I've been dealing with lately....