Respected Contributor

I so miss the old time BE products when Leslie B owned the company.  Does anyone know if any of the old time makeup kits are available anyplace at all?  I still have the pots of shadow and a few blush.  Are they still ok to use?  I hope that there might be a Holiday Special like the old days!!!

Valued Contributor

My Bare MInerals products are old (bought when Leslie sold on QVC), and since most of her products are "from the earth" and not harmful chemicals (perhaps a few ingredients are questionable), by all means, use your inventory.

Check out Ulta...they sell "kits" of Bare Mineral products.

Frequent Contributor

One of the salespeople at my local Bare Minerals boutique said they have outlet locations that carry some older or discontinued products.  They're called Bare+ Beauty.  I haven't tried them yet, but you could look them on online and give them a call.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl

I'm still using a very old pot of glimmer ("summer") and an old pot of glimpse ("city lights") with no issues whatsoever.

These have to be from the 90s.

Which makes me glad I didn't buy a pot in every color.  Can't make a dent in these!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

Yes me too.   I still love my original BE and still like how it goes on and makes my skin look great.  I guess they have to move ahead and make new products but I don't think the liquid stuff is not as good as the good old original BE.

Bookbabe

Valued Contributor

I have worn BE since it came on the Q a long time ago. Leslie always said since they are ground minerals only they won't go bad. I'm still wearing colors etc from my old collection. I recently bought a new loose mineral foundation. There is a BE outlet near me and they have some older stuff. I will say since the lip products had no preservatives they do go bad. They get a rancid smell any old lipstick can get.I toss those.

Honored Contributor

@Bookbabe wrote:

Yes me too.   I still love my original BE and still like how it goes on and makes my skin look great.  I guess they have to move ahead and make new products but I don't think the liquid stuff is not as good as the good old original BE.

Bookbabe

@Bookbabe  ITA. I use the original sometimes as a touch up powder or a quick foundation application. I did mix a few "shakes" of an illuminating mineral veil to a bit of sheen to the foundation. 

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl I've ordered some sets in recent years that contain pots but not all pots.  For example, some of the complexion rescue sets (I love complexion rescue) contained a powdered eyeshadow and blush as well as brushes, etc.  I don't think there will be a 100% powder pot set.  I don't think they are really pushing the original powder foundation anymore unfortunate.  But they do sell deluxe size pots of the foundation with a brush around the holidays At a good price.

Respected Contributor

You can still get the original at their website, store, if you're lucky enough to have one, Ulta or Sephora.  I've been using it for years and right now I'm more glad than usual.  Broke my hand and it's so easy to apply.  Very natural.