Regular Contributor

Who's Dermarolling? Share your results/experience

I am seriously considering it but would like know from any users what's been their individual results (how long are the needles you use, how often you use it, how long have you been using it, what visible results have you seen, etc.).

If you have any other experiences with it- both good and bad- please share. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Who's Dermarolling? Share your results/experience

At one point there were many threads about this

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

First I would like to recommend a book:

Holistic Microneedling: The Manual of Natural Skin Needling Book by Anthony Kingston

I use his techniques and his non-metal roller. I'm very happy with my results. You can find more info about Kingston's products on whitelotusantiaging dot com. The roller sold there is made to last for one full year. Others on the the market, even the better ones, are only good for at best 3 months. This is important because the tool you use will be what governs your results. Less trauma means better results.

I have been rolling for several years. My first one was done by a professional who recommended that I get info from a professional before attempting it on my own. So I did and I would say the same thing to others who are interested in it as well. 
Valued Contributor

I mentioned on another thread that Uppiesbeads59 on Youtube has a new video out that is very informative on the subject.

Valued Contributor

I tried it after some careful research, but found that it's just too much for my sixty-year-old skin. I just use retin a, 0.5. Dermarolling along with it made my skin itchy and too sensitive. Good luck, as many people see great results.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried it, but it just didn't feel right. I used a dermaroller designed just for product penetration and still got pink and a little swollen the next day. I was scrupulous about disinfecting everything with alcohol and a UV disinfection gadget, but I still worried about getting an infection. I also worried about having the wrong ingredient somehow penetrating. And I worried about damaging capilaries. Worry worry worry! I persisted a few times and then left it alone. Too much worry for not enough benefit. There are easier and gentler ways to get actives into the skin and to induce collagen generation.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I purchased a derma roller last year, did not use it consistently but watch Uppiesbeads59 as well as others before you jump in.  I'm not sure if it is super effective.  What was more effective for ME was consistence use of susanne sommer's "FACEMASTER".  When I use my facemaster every night, I get compliments the next day and I can see an improvement.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!