Contributor

I don't see expiration dates on bare minerals products.  Would bare minerals I bought from Leslie still be good?

Honored Contributor

Since it's a dry product, unless it has sunscreen that could become ineffective, there's really nothing that could go bad per se.  I think it would be fine for you to use it.  

Honored Contributor

I occasionally use my old stash of Bare Minerals and nothing horrible has happened to me.  I imagine it will go on forever.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Jbar wrote:

I don't see expiration dates on bare minerals products.  Would bare minerals I bought from Leslie still be good?

@Jbar  I assume because it’s a natural mineral, dry powder w/o the silicones, etc. that could go bad, it would be OK. Stash from Leslie’s days may be pushing it. 

Every few few weeks I use alcohol on a cotton pad to clean off the inside of lid since the brush keeps going from product to lid to face and bacteria could build up that way.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Jbar wrote:

@Jbar  I assume because it’s a natural mineral, dry powder w/o the silicones, etc. that could go bad, it would be OK. Stash from Leslie’s days may be pushing it. 

Every few few weeks I use alcohol on a cotton pad to clean off the inside of lid since the brush keeps going from product to lid to face and bacteria could build up that way.

Great idea, @Shanus!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals question?

[ Edited ]

I use my nose---if it smells bad, toss it out. I have BE from many years ago that I still use--the powders of course. I think if you wash your brushes that helps too. 

Honored Contributor

I could be wrong but I think that I read somewhere that the Bare Minerals doesn't have an expiration date because it's not supposed to go bad.

Respected Contributor

I remember when Leslie was on years ago she used to say you could keep her powder eye shadows for years.  Mostly because they COULD last for years.  A little went a long way.

Super Contributor

Bare Minerals does not go bad.  Leslie has said this many times.  For those saying it is a powder, it is not.  They are minerals.  That is always something that is stressed.  The shadows and blushes last so long, it is good that they do not expire.  I would go ahead and enjoy! 

Trusted Contributor

It's true that minerals will never go bad.  Also the sunscreen used is a mineral.  As was mentioned earlier, keep the container and brushes clean.