Frequent Contributor

Bare Minerals bareSkin Serum Foundation

I just got mine in the mail today (A256403). Has anyone else tried theirs yet?

Respected Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals bareSkin Serum Foundation

Pak...yes I received mine. I ordered two colors, Bare Satin and Bare Natural. I wore the Bare Satin first and put it on in the morning and thought wow this is darker than I expected and seemed like a Medium. I wear a Medium in It Cosmetics in both the CC Cream and in the O2 Ultra Repair Oxygen Foundation and it seemed darker than both of those. The coverage was very nice and I was happy with the way it looked and later in the afternoon washed it off to try the Bare Natural. To my complete amazement it is lighter than Bare Satin. I like them both but would wear Bare Satin in the summer and Bare Natural in the winter which is long gone of course where I live....but I will keep both. I still can't get over Bare Satin being darker than Bare Natural. It's not supposed to be.

I did not try them on bare skin. I used only Algenist serum under both but will try a moisturizer tomorrow. I want to buy the Algenist moisturizer that's sold in a pump but Qvc doesn't carry it so will have to buy if from their website and so will use Paula's Choice moisturizer.

edited:typo

Contributor

Mine came today. Since I wear golden fair in Bare Minerals, I ordered Bare ivory. I haven't used it on my face, but the spot I used on the back of my hand looked pretty dark to me. I'll try it tomorrow with fingers crossed that it will work well.
Respected Contributor

I also want to add this. The plastic sleeve on the brush did not slide off as stated elsewhere...it had to be cut off and it was that way on both brushes that came with both shades. Also, after shaking well per the instructions, the makeup came out of the Bare Satin by gently squeezing the bottle. In the Bare Natural the makeup came out rather unexpectedly just by turning it upside down....so obviously there's a defect there since one has to be very exact in how many drops you want on the brush. Too many drops came out on the 2nd one.

The brush is not retractable and a plastic cap was not included which I found inconvenient. After cleaning I had to store them in a plastic baggie.