Respected Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Duo

I'm pretty fair and skintone I usually stick with neutral.  The first time I tried it I purchased the Opal, this time I'm going for the Vanilla, but I think the Birch 1.5 would also be a good choice.

Here are products I normally wear:

L'Oreal Infallible 24 - #415 (rosey beige?)

L'Oreal True Match N2 Classic Ivory

L'Oreal True Match Lumi N1-2 Neutral (soft ivory)

Clinique Even Better CN02 (Breeze)

Chanel it was a rosey beige shade

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@RainyDayGal wrote:

What a great product and you can't even find a drugstore product for this price.

I tried it years ago and liked it, but I needed a different shade.  Now it's available, I need something lightweight with good SPF, so I ordered it.  Yay!

This one is a drugstore dupe for $5.50. Comes in 5 shades.

I'm not sure the weight of this, but I typically don't like BBs or CCs, I find them way too heavy for my skin.  Also, are they cruelty-free and clean beauty now?  I know Bare Minerals is, except their parent company is not.

Trusted Contributor

No Maybelline is NOT cruelty free but elf and covergirl is and they have similar products. 

BB Cream SPF 20,

Super Contributor

I wear Fairly Light in Bare Minerals loose " powder " .    In Complexion  Rescue, I can wear Vanilla orr Birch.  I am on the light side with neutral undertones.

Trusted Contributor

@decaf  Thank you for the heads up this product is a staple for me. I love it.

My skin tone is medium neutral.  I wear Natural O5 in this.  

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

I am light neutral and wear the vanilla. I do have to really make sure it is blended at the jaw line because it is a little peachy but overall it works well then just add concealer.
Trusted Contributor

@RainyDayGal  @kathie66  @ccassaday  Thank you.  Since I've never ordered this before I  really appreciate all the info about your skintones and shades. I ordered Bamboo, light/medium, it's on waitlist, my fingers are crossed I receive it.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@RainyDayGal  @kathie66  @ccassaday  Thank you.  Since I've never ordered this before I  really appreciate all the info about your skintones and shades. I ordered Bamboo, light/medium, it's on waitlist, my fingers are crossed I receive it.

I ended up choosing Bamboo too.