Honored Contributor

Re: Baked Liquid Radiance Foundation

On 2/2/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 2/2/2015 Mistic said:

Seems that so many of the Q's offerings in foundation run yellow. If they read these forums (yeah right) they would know that some of us need a neutral or pink undertone shade.

Funny how these companies "have" the pink undertone shades, but they don't bring them to the Q. You have to purchase them on their website, at full price. And that is after we have ordered and had to return. Isn't the reason we buy kits is because it makes each product cheaper for us?

I'm so sick of hearing "If you're not sure? Go medium. It's universal." Well, no it is not! Anything yellow based turns me orange. Not a good look.

Then you have to go searching on youtube for a video, as those ladies actually swatch all the colors on the inside of their arms, so we can actually see the shades.....

Thanks for letting me rant.

I hear ya!

You know what I recently heard on one of the makeup presentations, I can't remember what brand it was (it was NOT bobbi brown, it was either Tarte or Mally but I think it was Mally) but they were talking about their foundation and saying how all their color choices have a yellow undertone because if you use one with pink undertones, it will make you look bad, even if you have pink undertones. This is sooo not true!! I just thought it was interesting because of all the talk about certain lines only having shades with yellow undertones I felt like the vendor was trying to justify to us as to why their shades only have yellow undertones. If I wear anything with yellow undertones, I look sickly, like jaundiced. I need neutral to slightly pink at the most.

Funny you should mention this. I was color-matched a few days ago at the Smashbox counter. The girl seemed very professional and as if she knew what she was doing. The lighting, of course, was the typical department store awful.

She gave me samples of two colors that she said were a very good match. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I thought I might have to go the ER for some bizarre liver problem. I opened up the samples, and I swear they were a neon orange.

The next two counters I went to yesterday told me I was more "cool." The shades were much better. I don't care what I am as long as I can get a decent match, which I finally have done.

I did watch the presentation of the new LG foundation. I wasn't wowed by the finished look, and I have no clue whether I would get a match anyway. I can buy some cosmetics online or from a shopping channel, but I really have to buy foundation in person.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Just ordered mine in Medium. I have been using Balance-N-Brighten and Bronze-N-Brighten as foundation for years. Along with the Neutralizer Spackle, this has worked very well for me. At 55+, I might want to switch to a liquid. I have never been a fan of liquid foundations; I'm hoping this is just a step beyond the consistency of the Spackle. If not, I'll keep it as an under eye concealer Smile.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Funny you should mention this. I was color-matched a few days ago at the Smashbox counter. The girl seemed very professional and as if she knew what she was doing. The lighting, of course, was the typical department store awful.

She gave me samples of two colors that she said were a very good match. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I thought I might have to go the ER for some bizarre liver problem. I opened up the samples, and I swear they were a neon orange.

The next two counters I went to yesterday told me I was more "cool." The shades were much better. I don't care what I am as long as I can get a decent match, which I finally have done.

I did watch the presentation of the new LG foundation. I wasn't wowed by the finished look, and I have no clue whether I would get a match anyway. I can buy some cosmetics online or from a shopping channel, but I really have to buy foundation in person.

lol, I've had similar experiences in Sephora! They send me home with samples and egads, awful!! I did the little gadget that is suppose to give you exact matches for your skin type and each time they would come up with different colors. The first time the products they showed that "matched" me were tan shades! The guy doing the test laughed and said he doesn't even wear that shade and he was much darker than me. They tried a few more times and I think the one that came the closest only showed one brand and one shade that matched. In all of Sephora. LOL.

I never let them color match me in a store anymore because they always pick a shade wayyyy too dark. sorry but I don't like the line of demarcation look.

I too don't care what you call my skin undertone, I just need a color that matches and yellow undertones never match. Who cares if you color up any redness if I look sickly or an oompa loompa! These days since I don't really have the redness issue, I can go with lighter coverage stuff which I like better and have found more matches, especially in the true BB creams.

I didn't watch the LG presentation yet of the new product. I think I recorded it though so I will have to see how it looks. I'm still wanting to try the new baked elements foundation though.

Valued Contributor

I watched the video about this and it looks good! I hope they have a tsv with it. Its so expensive to buy it all separately. I also want her baked gelato that is new! I caved and ordered the highlighter in ballerina
Regular Contributor

I love her Baked Gelato line. I ordered this new foundation too. I am seeing a rating of one star for this new foundation today, but the foundation hasn't shipped yet, and there is no review written. Not sure what to think...