Honored Contributor

Re: BEAUTY ROUTINE CHOICES

[ Edited ]

I have been using Aveda's facial lotion day and night but sometimes instead of the lotion at night I use Maracuja oil (Tarte's). Wash face with BTW Herbal wash and Pop Sonic Leaflet.

I  have only been out once for medicine & some groceries at night and I did apply my new Bobbi Brown liquid to powder foundation.  It's super lightweight and you don't know you are wearing anything.  It's sweatproof and has a matte finish. I have normal skin but it is for normal to oily.  Women with oily skin will love it.  12 hr. wear. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I mix and match too.  I've found my favorites and have stayed loyal to them for several years.  My complexion looks really good for 71, so I must be doing something right.

Neutrogena to cleanse, Gold Bond Neck & Chest for my neck, Amara Beauty Vitamin C serum and Retinol Cream, and CeraVe for general moisturizing.  That's all.  Definitely nothing fancy or expensive.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  - I definitely am not brand loyal.  I recently incorporated the Lancer scrub into my routine - once every 3 days.   I also use Palmer's Cleansing Oil to remove make up and Paula's Choice Moisture Boost for cleansing. 

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil Face

Honored Contributor

I used and tried kits all from the same line in the past. The only one that worked was Paula’s Choice Clear kit for acne.

Now I mix and match. I am brand loyal if the product works for me. I get disappointed when a favorite product is discontinued. 

My current products:

Olay gentle foaming cleanser

Neutrogena alcohol free toner 

Paula’s Choice 2% Clear BHA 

Olay Complete Moisturizer with SPF

No. 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced eye cream

Gold Bond neck & chest firming cream

Spa Life Hyaluronic acid serum from TJMaxx

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  I use many brands....and I rotate using them on different days. I have some kind of crazy routine that I keep track of. That is just me!  I like you want to try new things.... the good thing is whatever I am doing is working as I am always complemented on my skin at age 65.

Honored Contributor

I used to be a one-line only skin care user, but in the last 5 or so years, I've started using products from more than one line.  I have favorites from a few vendors, so I use my favorite from each.

In the past, it was a sales tactic (I think), well if you're using Brand 'X' serum, you should use the same brand moisturizer because it's more efficacious.  I don't necessarily believe that.

I use products that show results.  My daily skin care routine includes products from Paula's Choice, WEN, PTR & Josie Maran.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

Just curious...if you don't use Paula's Vitamin C serum, whose do you use?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I use all Dr. Denese skincare products. They work for me. I have sensitive skin and I always have a reaction if I mix brands.

Esteemed Contributor

The only loyalty I have are the things that consistently perform for me: Victoria Principal, especially cleansers & eye serums; Alpha AHAs & retinol; Devita vitamin C serum, and different things for toners, oils, & moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

I see people's skincare choices as being sort of analogous to music choices. There are people who will buy and listen to anything a particular artist puts out, other who are partial to entire albums, and then genre and playlist people who like a type of song or individual songs but aren't particularly loyal to any artists.

So there are some people who are loyal to a skincare brand, some who stick to a particular brand's line, and people who like a certain type/genre of product or individual ingredient based products without loyalty to a brand.

I'm a playlist person. I like individual products based on the ingredients. I care very much about a skincare brand's reputation, but I'm not brand loyal.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr