Super Contributor

Re: BB TSV - Anyone Getting?

I have tried her line but most of it was geared to women with a darker complexion than I have. Even her lightest shade of foundation is too yellow and turns orange a few hours later. Her blushes make me look red because they are highly pigmented. Even using her brushes and the lightest touch, I look sunburned from them.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

So if you are porcelain and very fair her products are best tried on in a brick and mortar counter, to make sure they work for you. And btw, the lightest color in the foundation TSV is not the lightest she makes. The Alabaster is and still doesn't work for a lot of fair women I know...

Occasional Contributor

yep! I ordered it....I'm pretty excited for the Katie pot rouge and eye shadow palette. I'm a Bobbi fanatic and I couldn't pass up this deal.

Super Contributor

On 4/29/2014 gingi said:

I really do like Bobbi's makeup but am passing on this one. 1)Colors are similar to what I already have and since I am very fair and prefer natural looking makeup I imagine I wouldn't get much use out of most of the palette. 2)Not a fan of sparkly products. Would not use them much and not appropriate for my workplace. 3)No desire for a product inspired by Katie Holmes. Much preferred it when the line used regular women as models. I find the whole Katie push rather odd. BTW loved the colors in the Downtown TSV a few years ago. Wish they'd present something similar. The neutrals and plums were beautiful.

It is marketing genius if it works. I would consider Katie Holmes pretty fair/cool in skintone and I've read people saying BB foundation doesn't work for them because they are cool-toned. It might be my marketing background overthinking, but I would say it was done to promote the fact that yellow-toned foundations work on fair/cool skintones.

Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 4/29/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I watched the presentation this morning with Carolyn, and they both did say that two of the shadows were sparkly. But they didn't have to say it; once applied, that's pretty much all I could see.

I thought it was fine on the younger models. But I would not put them on my eyes. I can use satin but not something as glittery as those.

I thought the whole hour was just somehow off, a bit awkward in general.

lol, I always feel the BB presentations are, well, awkward (for lack of a better word).

Maybe so, HD. I think, though, that the chemistry just wasn't there. The host pretty much admits that she is not into makeup, which is fine, but I think it showed. She seemed unusually (for her) unprepared and sort of like a fish out of water.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

QVC controls the models BB uses now hence most are young (or at least not considered mature) When BB first started here she brought her own models, many of which were employees in her company. And they were all age ranges which was great. BB prefers to demonstrate that way. QVC prefers their way. I think BB might still bring just one of her own but didn't watch today to know if she did this visit.

It is frustrating that many of the colors available in her foundations are not made available in these TSV kits. But QVC does that with every single cosmetics company. Even BE, which does offer the widest foundation selection of any company QVC sells, does not have their complete collection here. QVC thinks if they at least offer a basic choice then that's adequate. Of course, we, as the customers, know that is not adequate but we don't call the shots.

I love BB glosses and have worn them for over 20 years now. I like her assortment of the subtle pinks and pinkie-browns as that is all I've ever worn. No gloss is really a long lasting lip product but I love the way they look, feel and even smell (very slight vanilla scent) and don't mind re-applying throughout the day. I've never worn lipsticks and never will - always used to say when I grow up I'd wear them but I grew up many moons ago now and lipstick just wasn't in the game-plan.

I do wish all her TSV's didn't seem like the same thing just being recycled with slightly different colors..

Super Contributor

On 4/29/2014 HappyDaze said:

I watched the presentation this morning with Carolyn, and they both did say that two of the shadows were sparkly. But they didn't have to say it; once applied, that's pretty much all I could see.

I thought it was fine on the younger models. But I would not put them on my eyes. I can use satin but not something as glittery as those.

I thought the whole hour was just somehow off, a bit awkward in general.

lol, I always feel the BB presentations are, well, awkward (for lack of a better word).

Maybe so, HD. I think, though, that the chemistry just wasn't there. The host pretty much admits that she is not into makeup, which is fine, but I think it showed. She seemed unusually (for her) unprepared and sort of like a fish out of water.

In a strange way, the presentation worked for me...nice change from the "expert" hosts that seem to use every single product and swear by it all. I liked Carolyn's honesty about why she gave up on eyeliner, etc.

Super Contributor

On 4/29/2014 wackers said:

QVC controls the models BB uses now hence most are young (or at least not considered mature) When BB first started here she brought her own models, many of which were employees in her company. And they were all age ranges which was great. BB prefers to demonstrate that way. QVC prefers their way. I think BB might still bring just one of her own but didn't watch today to know if she did this visit.

It is frustrating that many of the colors available in her foundations are not made available in these TSV kits. But QVC does that with every single cosmetics company. Even BE, which does offer the widest foundation selection of any company QVC sells, does not have their complete collection here. QVC thinks if they at least offer a basic choice then that's adequate. Of course, we, as the customers, know that is not adequate but we don't call the shots.

I love BB glosses and have worn them for over 20 years now. I like her assortment of the subtle pinks and pinkie-browns as that is all I've ever worn. No gloss is really a long lasting lip product but I love the way they look, feel and even smell (very slight vanilla scent) and don't mind re-applying throughout the day. I've never worn lipsticks and never will - always used to say when I grow up I'd wear them but I grew up many moons ago now and lipstick just wasn't in the game-plan.

I do wish all her TSV's didn't seem like the same thing just being recycled with slightly different colors..

BB said last night one of the models was one of her makeup artists. Also, just wondered if you found her glosses at all sticky?

Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2014 wackers said:

Actually, like all the other vendors, she DOES have a choice of which models she can use within the QVC model pool, which does include older women with wrinkles or younger models with issues. All the other vendors use women with all skin types except BB. BB only chooses younger models and/or models with little to no wrinkles or skin issues.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/29/2014 MarthaStewardess said: Never have tried her products and this doesn't tempt me at all. Besides, I would never buy a kit that has something in it that I know I wouldn't use and that for me is the blush. I prefer a powder blush.

Martha, Pot Rouge makes a very nice long wear lipstick. I wear Milk Chocolate Pot Rouge on my lips nearly everyday for this reason.

Wackers, I couldn't agree with you more about QVC limiting the foundation color options. It's comes across to me as if they feel their customers aren't sophisticated enough to understand and make a selection if given a wider range of colors to choose from. My idea is that for brands such as Bobbi Brown in which so many customers already know their foundation color, QVC should make the TSV available in additional colors on QVC.com. They could take orders as an advance sale and have the sets made up based on those orders. I would be willing to wait longer to receive the item in order to get my proper foundation shade. I am not ordering the TSV because my foundation shade is Golden and it's not offered. The way Bobbi exact color matches the concealers that means the brightener and concealer would also be too dark (if I ordered Warm Almond; or too light if I went with Honey). I thought about ordering the set in a shade for my BFF and giving her the foundation compact and lipgloss. I really only want the Katie Pot Rouge and the eyeliner color QVC is offering is also exclusive for them, but those two items aren't worth spending $80.

One more unfortunate thing is that the TSV features the old Stick Foundation formula. For new customers who may fall in love with the foundation in their set they won't be able to replace it. The old and new formulas feel very different. Someone who likes the original ultra creamy formula may not care for the more gel-like lighter texture of the new one.

Super Contributor

I considered it but a few things kept me from getting it 1. the gloss looks a little to juvenile for me, 2. I already have the small compact that is in the kit. 3. her foundation stick has been reformulated and sold on her site and Sephora but the Q is still selling the old version which leads me to believe it is the old formula in the compact. I really like her BB cream but passed on this TSV.