Honored Contributor

I don't know how to create a link where someone will get a notification.  I'm really worried about her.  It's been 2 1/2 weeks since she got the results of an important medical test.  She hasn't posted since Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - That's so sweet of you! I was wondering too and I prayed for her. I think you might be able to get her attention if you type the @ symbol in front of her name. I'll be anxious to hear too!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I don't know how to create a link where someone will get a notification.  I'm really worried about her.  It's been 2 1/2 weeks since she got the results of an important medical test.  She hasn't posted since Smiley Sad

@RooRoo 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  An @followed by their name, is a shout out here.  It must be in the body of the message, it doesn't work in the titleof the thread.  I hope she's okay and I really hope you hear from her soon.  You're a caring friend and poster.

Honored Contributor

I see she hasn't posted since the 6th. When she logs on she will see she has a notification, or maybe more. Let's hope she sees it soon.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

Thank you.  When I type the @ symbol, should her name be in blue, a hyperlink?  I don't think she would see it if it was just plain text... .@roo roo 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @kitcat51  If you don't mind, how exactly did you do that?

Honored Contributor

Re: Attn Roo Roo

[ Edited ]

Hi @monicakm ! I've "called" people before. Here's what has worked for me. When you are typing a post, type the @ symbol, and with the first letter right next to the symbol you should start to see a list show up. Then I just highlight that name. You're right- just typing the name without using the list will not "call" the person.

For example @RooRoo . As soon as I typed the "R" and the "o" her name showed up.  Smiley Happy

ETA: Her name doesn't show up in blue font for me, but if you click on it, it does "call" her and bring up her posts.

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo 

Shows up in blue for me but not "clickable".  It might be clickable after I submit the message.  Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, after submitting the message Roo Roo's name became a link