Respected Contributor

Attn: Retinol Users - Question > Cera Ve vs. Oil of Olay

Hi Retinol users,
A few months ago, I watched a few dermatology videos on YT and decided to revitalize my skincare regimen.
I started out with Oil of Olay Retinol, then later added CeraVe cleanser, cream and some other CeraVe products.
I stopped the OofO retinol because my skin started looking weird ... not in a good way.
My skin looks fine when I only use the CeraVe products.
I'm wondering if I should not have used 2 different brands and perhaps I should switch to CeraVe retinol.
I've also heard that retinol makes your skin look worse before it starts looking better.
.... ????? ....

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Contributor

Re: Attn: Retinol Users - Question > Cera Ve vs. Oil of Olay

@RinaRina - you may want to have a MOD move this over to the Beauty Forum.

Honored Contributor

No need to switch brands. If retinol is causing the issues then slow down with the applications. For instance, use it 2-3 times weekly or less until your skin adjusts. Increase the applications by one more night in about a month or so. Keep doing that until the retinol can be applied every night. That could take months.

Respected Contributor

@poco09 wrote:

@RinaRina - you may want to have a MOD move this over to the Beauty Forum.

I thought this was the beauty forum.
It's under "Beauty".  (highlighted on the left)

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Contributor

The CeraVe resurfacing retinol serum in the purple packaging is very good.  I started with it but have since moved up in strength with a different brand.  The improvement is noticeable; I've had people ask what I was using because of the improvement.  It has a creamy texture and you only need a pea size.  Price is good and packaging is good.

Contributor

@RinaRina - you posted this orgininally in Pet Lovers Forum.  You can go there and see that it was removed and put in to the Beauty Forum.

Respected Contributor

@poco09 wrote:

@RinaRina - you posted this orgininally in Pet Lovers Forum.  You can go there and see that it was removed and put in to the Beauty Forum.

============================

Did I ...?  Smiley Mad
I'm getting SENILE.
Before I opened this thread, I wasted 10 minutes looking for my glasses, which I was wearing.
SMH ...
Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Lisamartha wrote:

The CeraVe resurfacing retinol serum in the purple packaging is very good.
======================================================
There are two.
The regular is in the purple package.
The "resurfacing" one is in a blue package.

I got the blue 'cuz it said "resurfacing".
Thanks.