Honored Contributor

Re: At what point do you wash your hair in the shower?

This has been my system for decades.

1. Wash face 

2. Lather hair

3. Rinse Hair

4. Apply conditioner 

5. Wash body, shave pits 

6. Rinse hair & body

I will switch I things up a bit on the days I use a purple shampoo, allowing it to sit on my hair a little longer before rinsing. 

Re: Denis & Tweak'd - it's no secret that I am a big fan of the products but the water thing is baffling. One minute he says water weakens the hair and then another time he says to keep adding water to get a better lather. 🙄😵‍💫  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shampoo first, then clip it up and out of the way. My hair is long so it has time to drip that way while I bathe. 

ETA- I don't use a rinse-out conditioner. I use a leave-in (spray) instead.

Honored Contributor

That's funny.  I don't wash my hair in the shower now but when I did. I washed my hair first, then I applied conditioner, then I washed my body, then I rinsed the conditioner out.  The beauty vendors have to talk non stop, sometimes it's just filler or silky talk. I have thick curly hair, to avoid drying out my curls, I wash and deep condition every 3 days.  My bathroom sink is deep enough for me to wash my hair.  Using conditioner in the shower would make the tub too slippery, too risky.

Regular Contributor

@Knit-Chick wrote:

I know, this is a really odd queston!  But when I was watching one of the Tweak'd shows on Saturday, they mentioned that washing your hair should always be the last thing you do in the shower since hair can be so fragile and break when it's wet.  So I was thinking about that this morning.  Washing my hair is the first thing I do and then I let the conditioner sit while washing up.  So I was just curious what everyone else did!  I guess I've been doing it wrong for years!  LOL

I do exactly what you do and it only makes sense for me.  

Honored Contributor

I wash my hair first thing.  First, I use a purple shampoo.  It has to be left in the hair for a few minutes to have the color saturate my hair.  And, my hair is long.  I can't wash my face, arms, shoulders and back with my hair covering that area, so I pile it on top of my head and the lather holds it in place while I shower my body.

yes, hair is more fragile when wet, but it isn't going to break if you wash it first in the shower.  More breakage occurs when you get out and towel dry and detangle.

Also, my hair is not damaged and doesn't break.

Esteemed Contributor

@Knit-Chick   I do it the same way as you.  I don't concern myself with the fact that my wet hairs might break!

Honored Contributor

I wet my hair as soon as I get in the shower but I wash/condition it last.  

Trusted Contributor

Hair is first.

Esteemed Contributor

I do the same as most of you.  Wash my hair first and let the conditioner sit while showering then a good rinse all over.  I have heard Dennis say that your hair is at it's most vulnerable when wet, that's why he suggests also using the treatment mist and not water to spritz on non shampoo days.  I love the product!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last thing I wash is my hair.  I don't use conditioner.