Esteemed Contributor

Re: At-home microdermabrasion devices??? Opinions?

I was interested but hesitated. I like what it does, but I'm not good with tools, not keeping up with them. Just like a lot of appliances that never get used.

With all the exfoliators I use, I didn't like hearing they did so little and the tool was the only thing that works. Would Kate Somerville use a vacuum after her renowned Exfolikator.

Valued Contributor

I have the PMD and was surprised at how soft my skin felt after using it because I do take pretty good care of my skin and didn't think I would see much difference.

I also do have the Exfolikate and it really makes my skin as soft as the PMD but for the price I thought maybe the PMD was a better deal . However, about the second month in, I don't know if I overdid it or perhaps didn't change the tip soon enough, but I looked like I had sanded my face with sand paper. It makes me laugh a little now but I was not laughing then. I have been afraid to use it since.

Super Contributor

I just watched the presentation (they were cracking me up). She was showing before and afters, natch, and she was claiming it lifts. How could a dermabrasion device lift? If it really does, then I know where my $20 Spendable Kash is going :-), but I just don't understand how it could do that. Anybody??

Valued Contributor

On 7/29/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I just watched the presentation (they were cracking me up). She was showing before and afters, natch, and she was claiming it lifts. How could a dermabrasion device lift? If it really does, then I know where my $20 Spendable Kash is going :-), but I just don't understand how it could do that. Anybody??

Yes, I am sure my legs would look just that model after a few times of using that!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

On 7/29/2014 SunnyRose said:
On 7/29/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Yes, I am sure my legs would look just that model after a few times of using that!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Bwah! And if I could get my butt to look like that model's, I'd buy TWO of them!

Honored Contributor

the first time I used the PMD I awoke the next morning looking as if somebody dragged me on my face on asphalt! Be very very careful if you choose to get one of these devices. the demos are misleading. You do not want to go over the same area more than once and yet you see them doing it
Super Contributor

I caved and bought it. I will be extra careful not to overdo it; I'll definitely use it first on the arms first. I think I saw on Youtube to also try your neck first (before the face). When I do my face, maybe I'll try the sides first so I can adjust. We'll see!! If I don't like it, I will send it back!

Valued Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Andreatoo said: the first time I used the PMD I awoke the next morning looking as if somebody dragged me on my face on asphalt! Be very very careful if you choose to get one of these devices. the demos are misleading. You do not want to go over the same area more than once and yet you see them doing it

Yes Andreatoo I had the same look, well mine was the sandpaper scrub look.

ITA, just go slowly like they tell you to.

Super Contributor

On 7/29/2014 crush said:

I caved and bought it. I will be extra careful not to overdo it; I'll definitely use it first on the arms first. I think I saw on Youtube to also try your neck first (before the face). When I do my face, maybe I'll try the sides first so I can adjust. We'll see!! If I don't like it, I will send it back!

Someone mentioned that they felt the PMD was maybe a little more harsh than the 360. Just from reading the threads and watching the presentation, if I decide to get one I'll get the 360, so I think you got the better one. :-)

Regular Contributor

I bought the PMD awhile back. Used it once and then returned it. I followed instructions. It left what looked like cat scratch claw marks across my cheek that took weeks to go away. This was not for me. I purchased the NuBrilliance machine and I like this one. It has a diamond tip vs. the sandpaper type material. It came with 3 heads, fine, medium, and coarse. I've kind of dropped off on my usage (laziness on my part) but I do pull it out from time to time and I like how it makes my skin look and feel.