Respected Contributor

@quinn5140

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

@quinn5140 wrote:

I have used two different kinds of Korean products. They both are called sun milk with spf 50 physical sunscreen.  One was Missha brand and the other is Étude House.  I bought both on Amazon for around $12.  They both performed similarly.  They sink into the skin quickly and leave a more matte finish.  I am in the sun a lot for work and have had no burns.  I would repurchase either, but I think I liked the Erude House slightly better.

@quinn5140

Which spf Etude House product do you use? The have a Sunprise  Mild Perfect Reflief spf 3, Sunprise Watery Light spf 50, and a Sunprise Mild Airy Finish spf 50, Sunprise Must spf 50. 

http://www.etudehouse.com/int/en/index.php/skin-care/skincare/suncare.html

Occasional Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

@quinn5140 wrote:

I have used two different kinds of Korean products. They both are called sun milk with spf 50 physical sunscreen.  One was Missha brand and the other is Étude House.  I bought both on Amazon for around $12.  They both performed similarly.  They sink into the skin quickly and leave a more matte finish.  I am in the sun a lot for work and have had no burns.  I would repurchase either, but I think I liked the Erude House slightly better.

@quinn5140

Which spf Etude House product do you use? The have a Sunprise  Mild Perfect Reflief spf 3, Sunprise Watery Light spf 50, and a Sunprise Mild Airy Finish spf 50, Sunprise Must spf 50. 

http://www.etudehouse.com/int/en/index.php/skin-care/skincare/suncare.html

I have the sunprise mild airy finish.  I haven't tried the others.

Honored Contributor

I have not tired the Asian sunscreens but Peter Thomas Roth has an excellent SPF 50 that absorbs immediately.  Check it out.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I have not tired the Asian sunscreens but Peter Thomas Roth has an excellent SPF 50 that absorbs immediately.  Check it out.  Cat Happy

@Katcat1

This has mixed reviews here. Have you tried it?

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse,  It came in a kit I purchased.  The sunscreen was excellent but I am returning the kit because I am allergic to the facial wash of all things.  Not immediate reaction but after 3 or 4 times of using.  Red cheeks w/bumps.  The sunscreen did not do anything to my skin but protect it.  The eye pads that were an extra to the kit were also excellent.  I did not care for the cucumber mask as I did not feel it did much of anything.  The sunscreen is very nice.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

That's good to know @Katcat1

What type of skin do you have? Mine is oily/combination so I don't like anything that feels oily or looks shiny.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse,  It is actually normal but it I have  change it would be dry but I have not had that problem in years.  You may love Peter Thomas Roth's facial wash if you don't have sensitive skin.  You can try it out in a travel kit for $22 with 3 other products.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1

Yes, I tried that wash in a previous kit and it worked ok although I seem to remember the fragrance was fairly strong.

Thanks for your recommendation on the sunscreen. I'm always on the lookout for a great new sunscreen and I'm intrigued by what I've read about the Asian ones.