Honored Contributor

Re: Are you using Ponds products for your skin care?

I can't tolerate the floral scents in the Ponds products, or I would.

Valued Contributor

I only use Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser to wash my face and I just love it. Nothing I have tried to wash my face with leaves it so moisturized.

Respected Contributor

Actually, yes. I use Ponds on my face every winter because my face gets extremely dry in the winter and then it gets itchy. Ponds is rich and thick and works on the dryness.

Honored Contributor

This is very surprising .... I didn't know they still made Ponds anything .... what retailers carry it?

Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

This is very surprising .... I didn't know they still made Ponds anything .... what retailers carry it?

I buy it at my local grocery store or at CVS. I think all drug stores carry it.

Respected Contributor

Target and Walmart carry it, too, as well as drugstores and all the groceries I shop at. It's very easy to find.

Super Contributor

I remember my grandmother using a makeup remover product called Aboleene. I think it was a colorless cream, the consistency of a petroleum jelly (I know, I know). Funny how easy it is to go down memory lane.

I used Pond's growing up and actually loved the fragrance. OP's post has made me curious, and I just might try it again!

Super Contributor

I would love to go back to drugstore brands like Olay & Neutrogena, but even some of those are pretty expensive.

I wish they didn't so heavily fragrance those products too. I've always like the scent of the Olay products, but I would rather have unscented. Some facial moisturizers, the scent can linger all day!

Trusted Contributor

Too heavily fragranced, I agree with the others. I'll never understand why that is particular to most drugstore lines - must be a marketing tactic targeting a specific consumer population.

Trusted Contributor

Presently I'm using Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser to remove makeup (foundation & eye makeup), I tissue it off and then wash my face with another cleanser to remove the residue. This has a faint floral fragrance, not near as strong as the cucumber fragrance in the Pond's Cucumber cleanser. I also use the makeup remover wipes when traveling.

I've used the Pond's Cucumber Cleanser in the past but got tired of the cucumber fragrance by the end of the jar.

I also use Albolene to remove makeup but I think the Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser is more enjoyable to use because Pond's has a creamy texture. Albolene is unscented. As I recall, CVS makes their own less expensive dupe of the Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser.

For drugstore skincare, I would go with the Olay Regenerist line. Gets great reviews, goes on sale periodically and there's usually manufacturer's coupons. And not all of the Olay products have fragrance, some are unscented.