Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you kidding me? That was so rude of the host just now

@@PinkSunset wrote:

In the middle of Cameron Silver presenting his item and going to each girl with colors and sizes, Amy brings over Ryan Seacrest who totally takes over. Cameron is left standing there and can't finish his presentation, No good-by, no thank you. Nothing,

Ryan S is not some huge important VIP! Poor Cameron looked stunned, 

@PinkSunset  .... Doesn’t surprise me at all ... Amy S is a “piece of work” & obviously has no consideration for anyone’s feelings but her own ... I NEVER watch a show that she hosts 🙃

Respected Contributor

I just watched the video.  That was really disgusting.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Ryan Secrest was a show host.  He knows zip about clothes!

LOL! Ryan Seacrest  is still a show host plus multi media roles and businesses. He knows more about fashion than you/most here - his fashion line generates $50 million+ annually!!! Check out Ryan Seacrest Distinction. Maybe he will have a Q accessories/fashion line...

RSD-Fall-Winter-2017.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also just watched the video & agree that AS was extremely unprofessional & rude to CS.  If this happened at almost any other job, AS would be reprimanded, as well as written up.  This is not her first few months on the job. There should be an on air apology.  RS looked equally ill at ease.  Btw, I do like RS an KR.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

I had to watch the video to find out what the issue was and normally things don't bother me.  But I have to say, I agree with the OP on this one.

What on earth was she on - too much caffeine or something?  She was embarassing that poor model to death, she was talking over people.  She was making stupid gestures.  And what was with the holding a platter of veggies in the segment with Gary?  Did she miss dinner or something?

I haven't watched any of the shows that much lately, but I admit this behavior of AS would've put me off buying anything.  ITA - unprofessional and rude.

Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

QVC makes too much fuss over celebrities.  (or those they consider celebrities)

I completely agree with you.  I missed RS's rude intrusion (thank goodness), but for as long as I can remember, QVC hosts have made themselves look ridiculous in the presence of celebrity, actual, assigned or wannabe.  It's laughable!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ryan Seacrest is big time.  He's a mogul.  A pretty big deal.  And by the way he "made" American Idol.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe wrote:

Ryan Seacrest is big time.  He's a mogul.  A pretty big deal.  And by the way he "made" American Idol.  

so what if he is a mogul? I can think of a few others he "made" that are moguls and I wouldn't give them the time of day. Money, IMO, is not what makes a person important.

Simon Cowell made AI, not Ryan. the show was a success because of the original judges and Ryan jumped on that bandwagon. 

Honored Contributor

I tend to run the other way when a celebrity hawks a product. And I sure wouldn't buy because of Seacrest.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have to agree with you re Simon Cowell.

@PinkSunset wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

so what if he is a mogul? I can think of a few others he "made" thaat are and I wouldn't give them the time of day. Money, IMO, is not what makes a person important.

Simon Cowell made AI, not Ryan. the show was a success because of the original judges and Ryan jumped on that bandwagon.