Super Contributor

Re: Are you comfortable wearing bright Orchid Lip Colors?

It a big no for me. I don't find it appealing.

Honored Contributor

Some shades of this color, when worn on lips, give the appearance of someone who is suffering from extreme cold. lol...

Regular Contributor

Well thank you croemer.....I just ordered "Up The Amp" by MAC!!!!!! Now I have to have a new lipstick!!! As if the 164 tubes that I already own are not enough!!! So funny, this thread is like when someone says "I could go for Chinese for dinner" and then your like OH YES now I am in the mood for it!!! With the weather starting to show little signs of spring it will be just perfect. The shade is a much lighter orchid....cannot wait to get it!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

I agree that this shade does not look good on everyone, maybe you could try it and tone it down by wearing a darker color as the base lipstick.

Occasional Contributor

This color on a red head with fair/light skin= UGLY lol

Trusted Contributor

On 3/11/2014 Desertdi said:

I've seen better looking liver in the meat case.........

I'd rather eat the lipstick.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Occasional Contributor

On 3/11/2014 Kind12 said:
On 3/11/2014 Perkup said:

I can't wear anything with a blue base - not even a red that is blue based. Pale Irish skin and white hair.

That surprises me. Most of my family are fair skinned Europeans. We have cool undertones and find that most colors with blue bases are what we need. This color would be too dark for me an my silver hair. I look better in blue based pinks as opposed to peaches.

Another surprised one. I'm so Irish that I'm surprised I don't talk with an Irish brogue. I can't wear anything warm based or I look all funny. Most everything I have (and I have more makeup than I could finish up in a lifetime) is cool toned. I love many shades of warm toned pieces of makeup but they just don't do it for me. I can't even wear peachy-pink that EVERYONE is supposed to look good in.

Super Contributor

Bright orchid would not be a good color for me, and I would not choose such a bold lip color. I'm blonde with light skin and yellow undertones. I can generally wear both pink and peach shades with ease, but I prefer a softer look.

Honored Contributor

I've never done any bold lip treatments. I prefer nudes.

Frequent Contributor

noooooooooooooooooooooo fine for gals who can pull it off..i tried red and couldnt stomach it..... couldnt get it off fast enough....i like it on op...NOT ME...............