Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone with sensitive skin issues able to use DHC Products?

@AngelPuppy1... I did not care for the velvet skin coat. It broke me out and felt "siliconey"
I love the caffeine wand for under-eyes.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1, that is correct, if I haven't worn foundation, most days I don't, I just use the olive oil cleanser and call it Good. Because it is!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree about the Velvet Skin Coat. No good if you are sensitive. I find any of the primer products like that bother me. 

I've had such good luck with DHC I don't buy anything else. Mostly they are fragrance free, which is hard to find in some other lines.  Years ago I gave up on Lancome and Lauder, price insane and fragrance is very strong.

If you call them, you sometimes can get them to give you samples. If you know someone that is a user of DHC, they can request samples for a friend. I do that all the time. A friend was curious to know what I use since at 64, I am nearly wrinkle free. I got her a handful of samples from them by emailing. 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

ugh --- that does not sound like a good thing!!!  Thanks for replying. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

Ok.  That's good.  I usually always wear concealer and powder.  My skin looks blotchy from the roscaea and I don't feel pleased with the look of it otherwise.  So, I would probably always needs an extra cleanser.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Campion

I thank you!  I believe I will definitely skip the primers!  I don't need any added problems. And that is great about the samples.

I might mentiion that I decided to e-mail the company and ask for some help.  They were very nice but hesitant to make too many suggestions since I have rosacea.  They said -- we do not treat medical issues.  Well, I can understand that.  She did say that she felt the  Olive cleanser would be o.k. to use though.  

Respected Contributor

Rosacea is a difficult issue. I've read that women with rosacea like the deep cleansing oil but it's got to be individual--what works for one may not for another.

I think any of the products that are the simplest (Olive leaf, tocopherol or the Rich Moisture) will be good. The lack of fragrance is one of the most helpful elements. I have very sensitive skin--it will get red at nearly nothing and I've had great luck with these.

In addition, there is a pricey but good German line, Dr. Hauschka that I used to use to reduce my sensitivity. The Rose Day Cream is supposed to reduce inflammation and redness. It has practically all organic ingredients and smells divine. It's a small tube but you use barely any--a small pea-sized (petit pois!) amount and warm it in the hands before applying it, pressing it into your face. It's very good in COLD weather, especially damp weather.

I used it in Germany, where the cold and damp is hard on your skin. Rosacea is a common problem there--genetic, I guess. Lots of my co-workers had this issue. 

Frequent Contributor

@AngePuppy1, I will!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

I still have my bottle of Olive Oil moisturizer, but I didn't use it.  That was purchased by me in the days of "what -- use OIL on my face?"  So it sits there unused.

I have determined (on my own) that my rosacea is a Staph Superantigen and it comes and goes. (mainly it goes when I am on antibiotics/steroids for sinus infections.  I am a Staph A carrier and most of my conditions are due to this... I have not been tested but know it is a fact (Staph was cultured from my sinuses during my operations).

So, I believe my Estee Lauder serum is mostly probiotic, which tends to normalize my skin and this is why my skin loves it.  Probiotics are in many facial products, I believe.

I'm thinking it would be cheaper to just smear yogurt on my face!! HEY, GOOD IDEA!

100% Pure comes with a primer that is all fruit serum... and my skin likes this and the liquid foundation is a perfect match.  Good company  and so is DHC.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

Interesting, what you posted.  I have no idea but if what you say seems to work for you, that's wonderful!

So far, I have no clue as to what or how to deal with my case.  I just use my Metrogel and try to not use anything with fragrance or harsh ingredients.  I am hesitant to try anything new because everytime I do, I seem to get either skin that is more red and irritatated, or I begin getting more blemishes.