Occasional Contributor

Anyone remember the 'old' Antonella Nestor???

What is us with the heavy, heavy eye makeup? Between the new hair color and the very, very thick eye liner....geez, she needs a make over. I'm looking at the models eye makeup and it's so pristine; then you look at Antonella and yikes.

Anyone else notice this drastic change.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone remember the 'old' Antonella Nestor???

On 12/28/2013 Mar5775 said:

The reason I dislike this board is due to people acting out defending when one has an opinion. It's silly. No, you cannot voice your opinion ..you must watch everything you say lol..people will jump on you most of the time...and put one down when you make typos, very disappointing on a board see and yes, the bullying is quite clear. Just ignore this and not let it get to you as a few said. I agree with you. Over the years Antoinella has looked very over done with the makeup and hair. My husband even mentioned something when I had the tv on. She has thinned out her hair a lot it seems last I saw her and the highlighted streaks look more natural ..but I haven't seen her in weeks. I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing how you feel about a host! She needed a makeover at one point. Again is been weeks since be seen her...used to see her a lot when I was new to watching qvc. I so enjoyed her but not as much over the past years...to me she's a bit different. Enjoyed her cooking tips when she was doing those, she was more real and funny. I popped on here and had to post my voice my own opinion which seems to always be sticking up for someone :/.

YEAH...OK. Stick up for fellow posters all while BASHING other women. Makes a TON of sense. Get a clue.

Super Contributor

On 12/28/2013 KimberlyD said

These boards are meant to post what is on your mind and you had every right to post what you did. Don't listen to those that feel the need to slam those who post an opinion they don't agree with! Wish some of these posters would grow up. It must have been all drama when they were in high school!

Have a great day!

OH PLEEEZE. The only DRAMA here is those of you CATTY hens that think it is OK to talk about the way other women LOOK. You don't have the ""right"" to be catty and say whatever you want. That is NOT the intent of this board. You people act like this is some ""chat"" board. Get a clue. IT IS NOT. It is called the BEAUTY banter and it is intended to discuss QVC PRODUCTS and gadgets...NOT the hosts. It has NOTHING to do with a difference of OPINION. It has everything to do with having a bit of class and respect for people. They work here and read these boards. You don't have to post every little thing that comes to your mind....especially if it is in regard to another woman's LOOKS. GROW UP is right.

Super Contributor

On 12/28/2013 Mar5775 said:
On 12/22/2013 CaneCorsoMom said:

This forum is just for casual observations - sometimes it is interesting to read comments on host appearances - I, for one love Antonella - she is my favorite host - I love her vibrant personality - she reminds me of my Italian friends from NJ. but...

Her makeup and highlights are too harsh - too Jersey - I love her hair and would die to have hair like that but she needs to tone down the highlights - she is a natural beauty and I hate seeing her get too Lisarized.

Ty..you said what I feel ..exactly!

SAYS WHO??? YOU?? so that is the gospel? It is not YOUR hair or choice, so therefore none of you have ANY say in the matter. You people run around talking about respect for fellow posters, but yet have none yourselves. How hypocritical. I highly doubt any of you would walk up to anyone and say what you do behind their backs on this board. You just feel comfortable letting out your catty tendencies on this board. It is juvenile at best.

Super Contributor

On 12/24/2013 VaBelle35 said:

One of the hosts posted a picture of their stylist on their Facebook page and mentioned that this stylist gives them tips and helps them with trends, etc.

I think this stylist person is the big reason for some of the epid makeover failures of hosts. I believe that this stylist makes general statements about fashion, makeup, "how to" and while these may be true for many people, they are not true for all people and that's where the disconnect is.

"Highlights are in" and "highlights make you look younger" and "highlights around the edge of your face brighten you skin" doesn't mean everyone should go out and get highlights. Highlights can work if they are done right. Highlights are supposed to be subtle, but most people want to see what they pay for, so the highlights are stark. Many people use highlights to make their hair a different color (which I truly do not understand). Why sit for a double processing with 1000 highlights when you can just dye your hair whatever color you want? You get the same result?

"Lighten you hair as you get older." Again, a general, sweeping statement that needs to be a collaboration with your colorist. Don't just sit in the chair and say I want to go lighter. You need to figure out what is best for your skin tone and natural hair color and work from there.

Then there is the clothing.

"Belts are in" - So Leah creates what is known on other forums as "the bralt" when she wears a belt with every top and it is right under her bra because that's the smallest part of her waist. SO MUCH WRONG WITH THAT LOOK. Not every top should have a belt and not every waist should have a belt. Pair a bad waist with a bad top and you are a fashion disaster.

To me, THIS STYLIST is the problem.

She should be fired.

I see YOU think you are a stylist. Maybe YOU should apply since you could do so much better and are so much smarter? Furthermore, who "says" that highlights are SUPPOSED to be subtle? There is no "rule" for that. Some people enjoy chunky highlights. Some people want two-tone or three, four tone hair. These days, there is all kinds of things that people do and for ONCE it is not so "taboo". Not everyone subscribes to the "AU NATURAL" old school way of thought. Let people be who THEY want to be. If THEY did not like it, they would not sport it. WHY that does not register to some of you is beyond me. I'm sure YOU wouldn't walk around in a style or colors that YOU disliked. So, apparently these people LIKE their look. They know they are on TV and are doing what THEY feel is best. SO leave it alone already. Why do you people CARE? I mean seriously.

Occasional Contributor

ForTheLUV - look at the meltdown you're having - try to think before you hit submit. You're looking as cuckoo as the OP.

Super Contributor

On 12/24/2013 NYer said:

Oh I see....if someone mocks you, flames you, or simply is rude and you respond, YOU are considered hostile and need to get a hobby! You are just as rude as those who twisted my original post.

Merry Christmas

Yeah, all while YOU are slamming and being condescending right back to those people. So that makes YOU better? LOL. YOU are clearly clueless...DUH.....

Whether or not you are talking about "physical attributes" means nothing. You are still talking about the way the person LOOKS. Saying someone "looks old" is RUDE no matter how you cut it up to "sound sincere" as if you really care about anyone's feelings. No you don't have the RIGHT to talk about people that way. You may have the RIGHT to freedom of speech but that doesn't make you any less of a JERK for thinking you have the "RIGHT" to be so catty. As if a conversation about the way people LOOK does anything but fulfill your ignorant, catty, miserable desires. It has nothing to do with "rules" of this board. It is about the unwritten rules of life. Have a little class and respect. That should not need to be a "rule" written anywhere. It should be common friggen sense.

Super Contributor

If she likes the way she looks then who are you to bash her?That is what is wrong with women always bashing them it's getting old.

Occasional Contributor

She looks great! I love that she changes her hair frequently and tries different looks. I find her very refreshing and appreciate the fact she is not ""stuck"" in the same style for years on end.

Frequent Contributor

ForTheLuv...you really are the most negative, name calling poster I have seen on this board. What is your problem?