Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone have a favorite scent with musk?

[ Edited ]

@Nadine 

Gosh, I used to love musk. Wore Coty Wild Musk when I was a tween/teen. Now I pretty much stick with philosophy scents as I get headaches from really strong notes. But many of the philosophy scents have some form of musk, so maybe that is part of what draws me to them.

One example is Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere : "the composition opens with juicy tangerine, nestles into cashmere wood with accents of orchid and comes to rest on a velvety base of vanilla bean, creamy sandalwood and skin musk"

Respected Contributor

like CotyRe: Anyone have a favorite scent with musk?

I like Coty Wild Musk.   I wear it a lot in the wintertime. 

Respected Contributor

I love Musk scents...but I only wear the true oils of musk.  One of the best, and pure musk's that are my favorite are from KUUMBA OILS.  They have a several musk's to choose from.   Very potent, just a little bit makes a statement,  and lasts, and lasts.  I buy mine from my local natural foods store, Loves.  About $9 for a roll on bottle.   Many other scents to choose from KUUMBA. 

Respected Contributor

Mz imac - The Mart - and the drive in right there by the mart - aaaaahhhhhh the crazy-busy mart - I do indeed remember it.

Growing up in Cherry Hill - the Mart wasn't the Echelon or Cherry Hill mall - but it was a FUN way to spend a Saturday.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

I had a favorite. Decades ago. I prefer lotions, and use them as you would sachet instead of slathering them on as moisturizers. This particular brand (Bonne Bell) was very clean with a subtle fragrance.

I have to say, guys loved it.

a3b3c0f7ad57d6f7b5cd51972a8be4d2.jpg

@Moonlady  I wore this very same Bonne Bell Skin musk all through high school. My steady boyfriend loved it, so of course, I wore it every single day!  Smiley Very Happy Thanks for the great memory!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to wear Alyssa Ashley's Musk all the time back in my 20's.  Agree, lots of people loved it.  I just looked on Amazon, they sell it, it's still dirt cheap so I ordered it.  Thank y to whoever started this thread!!!

Valued Contributor

Wags Market, on Amazon, has a very nice musk oil.  They also have one called Carribean Musk, which has just a little extra kick.  I use both.

I'm a musk oil lover and have searched high and low for years for my HG.  This is the closest I've come.

I remember I had a friend in NY, many years ago, who smelled delicious.  She told us it was musk oil that she would buy "off the street."  lol  Liked keeping it her own little secret.

Valued Contributor

Does the Fresh Cream last? Seems like some of the Philosophy no longer have lasting power

Honored Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

I have always stayed away from Musk but tried  Jovan Musk the other day and it smelled pretty good.

Jovan musk is a very nice scent.  I have been thinking about buying some lately.  Whenever there is a tester of it I have to smell it.Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

When my male friend died,he had almost a full bottle of

Jovan musk for men. I decided to use it up as I always

liked the scent on him.That was 12 years ago. Still buy

and use it!