Honored Contributor

Do You Use One, or Multiple Foundations Regularly?

Regularly is the key word.  I have found three different foundations that are sensational for my complexion and skin. 

Do you use more than one on a regular basis?

For some reason I used to stick with one foundation, and if I tried another, I'd stop using the other.  But that changed only about a year ago.

When I'm in a rush, and I need flawless and out the door quick, I use Laura Geller's Balance-n-Brighten in Deep.  That's my go-to, and I give it rating of "A."

If I didn't sit with coffee in front of the news (or QVC) as I was getting ready, I have more time for Mented Foundation Stick.  Mented has a sensational creamy shade for my complexion, but my oily skin (I'm in my late 50's) eats it up.  I have to use a setting powder, so that's an additional step.  When done, I give this look an "A+."

Then there's Pat McGrath Labs (based in London) whose liquid foundation is an astonishingly perfect match to my complexion.  It is the most light-weight formula I have ever used!  However, just like Mented, I must use a finishing powder.  When done, I give this look my highest rating, "A++."  The best, but also quite expensive.

[I always, regardless of the foundation, use Laura Geller's primer, Matte Spackle Blur stick.]

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Use One, or Multiple Foundations Regularly?

I use one.  Revlon ColorStay.  I want to try higher end foundations but just won't let myself spend that kind of money when the Revlon looks so good.  In fact, I won't even get samples at Sephora of higher end foundations because I'm afraid I'd like them so much better and either spend the money or not be pleased with what I have LOL  Oh, I did try Becca but it was a big NO for me.  I used to use Lancome (till they changed the formula), then Sephora's Makeup Forever (till they changed the formula) and last night I bought a new bottle of Colorstay in the Normal/Dry.  I thought it looked a bit dark and when I got home and put the two bottles together, it IS darker!  Darker and warmer.  It's shade 180.  A "cool" shade.  The new bottle, even tho it's not a huge difference, is warmer (sigh)

Honored Contributor

There are only two I ever wear.  Even Better (by Clinique) has been my go-to holy grail for several years now.  I always keep a Bare Minerals (powder foundation) on hand for days I don't want to wear my Clinique or very hot days.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I use different foundations.

When I'm in a hurry and just need to get going, I use Laura Geller's Balance-n-Brighten in medium or Bronze-n-Brighten if I have a bit of a tan.

If I have time to do a little more than that, I use a Dior liquid foundation. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Laura Gellar bnb is my go to foundation and like you its quick and easy to apply running out for errands. It covers great. When I have more time I apply a cc cream for maybe a more moist look but I still end up using the bnb as a finish.

I have LG blush but for some reason don't care for it so I use bare minerals blush and all her eyeshadows. 

My newest find is the IT no tug gel eyeliner that I love. It goes on so easy and stays on all day and night. I will never go back to a dry pencil. 

I still love my este lauder lipsticks and have worn the same color for years. I am not a lip gloss girl.

Mascara can be any brand, they all work for me, infact Maybelline might me my favorite and is so easy to get off, others are like concrete.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  Changing the formula or discontinuing the shade is so frustrating.  I used to use Estee Lauder DoubleWear liquid foundation until they discontinued my perfect shade.  I can still wear this brand, but I have to buy two shades and mix them 60/40 to get it just right.  I used to do it too, but no more.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use one foundation but use Laura Geller's Real Deal concealer for undereye.  Recently, I decided to try Loreal Age Perfect Radiant Serum Foundation with SPF 50.  First off, I love the fact it has an SPF of 50.  It's just one less step to take with the sunscreen already in it.  Next, the foundation is light, goes on beautifully and give great all day coverage without disappearing as the day progresses.  The only issue I had was picking a color as there are so many to choose from.   I decided on the shade Honey Rose and am quite happy with it.  As the summer approaches, I will buy something a tad darker to coordinate with my light tan. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

Laura Gellar bnb is my go to foundation and like you its quick and easy to apply running out for errands. It covers great. When I have more time I apply a cc cream for maybe a more moist look but I still end up using the bnb as a finish.

I have LG blush but for some reason don't care for it so I use bare minerals blush and all her eyeshadows. 

My newest find is the IT no tug gel eyeliner that I love. It goes on so easy and stays on all day and night. I will never go back to a dry pencil. 

I still love my este lauder lipsticks and have worn the same color for years. I am not a lip gloss girl.

Mascara can be any brand, they all work for me, infact Maybelline might me my favorite and is so easy to get off, others are like concrete.

@luvmyteddy4   Laura Geller has (unfortunately, had) a blush-n-brighten blush called Golden Apricot.  It is my go-to and the most dreamy color on me.  They stopped making it at least a year ago.  I only have the one I'm currently using, and one I have never opened yet. 

I too can use just about any mascara.  My favorites are Maybeline Lash Discovery for its slim brush, and Tarte's Lights Camera Mascara for the great formula. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Use One, or Multiple Foundations Regularly?https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpost

@ciao_bella   That Loreal Serum w/SPF sounds very tempting.  I'll have to look into that. 

I currently use Neutrogena Healthy Defense Moisturizer with SFP 50 as my two-in-one. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@luvmyteddy4   Laura Geller has (unfortunately, had) a blush-n-brighten blush called Golden Apricot.  It is my go-to and the most dreamy color on me.  They stopped making it at least a year ago.  I only have the one I'm currently using, and one I have never opened yet. 

I too can use just about any mascara.  My favorites are Maybeline Lash Discovery for its slim brush, and Tarte's Lights Camera Mascara for the great formula. 

I bought the Tarte's tsv that had the three kits so I'm good on mascara but I love love love the eyebrow pencil that came with it. I have three and thrilled about that! It goes on so smooth, stays all on night and looks natural.