Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Elemis TSV ?

@Harpa, I had thought about using the Peptide Cream during the day. That thought did strike me. Just decided to pass to save some money. I am sure a few other things will come my way that will tempt. me. Lol!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess, it has always been my understanding that peptides should not be used at the same time as Retin A. 

Respected Contributor

@segrl21, my derm does recommend using a moisturizer over top but not one with peptides in it. It weakens the Retin A is what I have always been told.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@segrl21, my derm does recommend using a moisturizer over top but not one with peptides in it. It weakens the Retin A is what I have always been told.

Thank you! Never heard of thya tip I will look into into it. 

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Icegoddess, it has always been my understanding that peptides should not be used at the same time as Retin A. 

@Tricolor, thanks for the info.  I did a quick Google and found a couple of articles on the subject.  One suggested alternating them, but the other one actually recommended using them together.  I know it's not in-depth research, but if you want to check it out:  

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/a19960811/retinoid-myths-and-facts/

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess, thank you for the link. That's something new to me but I am not an expert. As with everything, there are new opinions about what we once believed to be true. Well anyhoo I saved some money this time around. Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Katilein wrote:

Paula begoun did indeed review ELEMIS, it’s been taken off her beautypedia website for quite some time now. And you’re right, she had nothing good to say about it

She doesn't seem to have anything good to say about other lines except hers. I stopped trusting her years ago.   

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@BARBIE100 wrote:

@Katilein wrote:

Paula begoun did indeed review ELEMIS, it’s been taken off her beautypedia website for quite some time now. And you’re right, she had nothing good to say about it

She doesn't seem to have anything good to say about other lines except hers. I stopped trusting her years ago.   

@BARBIE100, she is no longer associated with Beautypedia. But I disagree with your assessment when she was in charge of it. She gave four stars to many, many items, even having a "best" category.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I did end up getting the TSV.  I thought the price was good.  $83 for one product is too much for my pocketbook, but divided by 3 is quite reasonable.  And then QVC gave me a credit, so I ended up getting it for like $79 total.  Not sure what the credit was, maybe shipping for a return when I exchanged something and they sent me 2 back.

Honored Contributor

@BARBIE100 wrote:

@Katilein wrote:

this is incorrect.  Paula gives great reviews on many clinique products and on many olay fragrance free products.  I used to think she gave everyone bad reviews too, but then I researched!  I don't know why this is typing so big, LOL 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"