Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone find something that works for hair temple "thinning"?

Usually when you see hair loss at the temples, or any other place along the front hair line, that's an indication that there is hair loss on the crown as well...or there will be soon. That is what is called female pattern baldness. So it's a good idea to treat the entire area...crown and front hair line including the temple areas. A receding hair line is what we see first but the hair loss is happening in other parts, too.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Usually when you see hair loss at the temples, or any other place along the front hair line, that's an indication that there is hair loss on the crown as well...or there will be soon. That is what is called female pattern baldness. So it's a good idea to treat the entire area...crown and front hair line including the temple areas. A receding hair line is what we see first but the hair loss is happening in other parts, too.

@SilleeMee  Great info. I did not know this, I will be sure to start treating the temples and the top and crown area, that "cap" would be good, I will start looking for a good price, I have the comb but need to cover more area it sounds like

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  Great info. I did not know this, I will be sure to start treating the temples and the top and crown area, that "cap" would be good, I will start looking for a good price, I have the comb but need to cover more area it sounds like

@SandGirl  If you're on Facebook, I'd encourage you to checkout the Theradome page. They do a comparison to other brands and explain why they believe theirs is better.  I'm glad I bought this one.  If you are a Costco member, they sell the Theradome helmet that I use (got mine thru them online).  Costco has an excellent return service, if you don't like it.  

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I'm getting older, I don't take meds and I've had blood work done, my dr chauks it up to normal hormonal shift as we go through perimenopause, I guess some women have thinning and I'm getting that in my temple area lately (My parents do not have this so not sure why me) LOL

I have tried a couple topical items and I have used the new WED Tonic for 4 full bottles, about 5-6 months with no change at all. Maybe it just won't grow... I also have a Hairmax comb I use on those sides 4 days a week and have been doing that for about a year now, still not filled in, I keep using it because I'm scared I'll lose even more if I stop.

Just lookign for more ideas to try topical.  Internal I'm doing it ALL HAHA, Collagen Powder, Silica, Nutrafol (7 months in...) and Bamboo powder, I also take a good multi and MSM.

TIA for any tips you have or for sharing something that has worked for you. THANK YOU!!!

@SandGirl   I have it, too, on one side....Joan Rivers Great HairDay covers the scalp area with color and stays on until shampooing. I found the serum type cures (?) will stop working when you discontinue use. 

Honored Contributor

I have been using XFusion Fibers since 2008, same product, same mfg.,  as Toppik just marketed under a different name. I find it on ebay for very inexpensive cost, . give it a try.  I usually buy it unstead of Toppik, Toppik has had some fake sellers, but never XFusion. 

Honored Contributor

I would search Organic or Natural products for thiining hair and see what comes up.  Yes, we all get a little of the hair thinning (it sucks) during menopause/aging process.  What women go through  -- we deserve an Oscar for our performance of making it through menopause and aging in general.  lol

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I would search Organic or Natural products for thiining hair and see what comes up.  Yes, we all get a little of the hair thinning (it sucks) during menopause/aging process.  What women go through  -- we deserve an Oscar for our performance of making it through menopause and aging in general.  lol

@Katcat1  YES WE DO lol  Yeah, I've been researching and I have tried a few "natural" products like Rosemary, Tea Tree and other natural type oils, I went through a few bottles on WEN tonic, tried 3 bottles of Peter Lamas serum and I swear It seemed worse after using that so I figured it was time to reach out and see what is working for others, I know I can't be alone in this battle!

Honored Contributor

Minoxidil works but as soon as you stop the new growth falls out. 

Honored Contributor

have the same thing going on myself--- taking medicine for previous breast cancer and that is a side effect, hair thinning and loss--- but also taking collagen , more so for aching joints but it is making my nails better and noticed new baby hair growing in too. Not a quick fix tho--- been close to a year. 

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

have the same thing going on myself--- taking medicine for previous breast cancer and that is a side effect, hair thinning and loss--- but also taking collagen , more so for aching joints but it is making my nails better and noticed new baby hair growing in too. Not a quick fix tho--- been close to a year. 

@wagirl   Thank you Wagirl, I remember when you went through your treatment Smiley Happy So happy you are doing well.

I started the Vital Protein, 2 scoops a day about 6 months ago, previously I was taking Andrew Lessman Marine Collagen for about a year or longer. Hoping Vital Protein will start to work, I have to say, I'm not losing it anymore in other areas so I think i do have a little bit of improvement / benefit.