Respected Contributor

Anyone else having luck with the Perfect Formula?

I had artificial nails for at least 5 years. I decided to have them removed about 2 years ago when I was trying to cut my expenses since my son was going to college. My real nails were awful and in terrible shape. I have bought gel polish and UV light and continue to do my own. 3 months ago I decided to buy the Perfect Formula and I told myself I was going to be faithful and really give it a chance. I always use it as my base coat whether I use regular polish or gel polish. My nails are so much stronger!! They don't bend when I pick something up and they don't peel or split. Anyone else love this brand? I'm tempted to try their color line.
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else having luck with the Perfect Formula?

Yes, I use this and love it. Faithful is the key word. I am not faithful, but I'm working on it. I have an issue with the packaging though. I've killed two bottles by them sealing shut and using a pliers to open. I just ordered my third set. I'm going to be extra careful, even though I already thought I was, to make sure to top doesn't get build up.

I haven't ventured to the colors because I prefer clear on my hands. Reviews also seem hit or miss. I wanted to try the super saturday kit, but I won't use that light a color on my toes.

Super Contributor

I've had wonderful results with the Pink Gel Coat. I need to wear clear at work so this fills the bills beautifully. My nails are finally all one length!!

Unfortunately, not sure what I did but I split my right index finger nail down below the nail/skin level so I had to cut them all down short. I hate to see one stubby nail so I just cut them all. I'm sad but I also know that with continued use, I'll see those results once again in no time at all. I love this stuff!!

Super Contributor

I found a great Dupe for PF--it's called Pink Armor and it's sold in most store's As Seen On TV section (or Amazon) for $10.

It does the exact same thing as PF--pinkens nail-beds and whitens the tips.

The directions say to remove and re-apply once-weekly.

On Amazon I paid around $4 plus shipping so it comes out to the same price as in-store purchase. My local CVS was out--so I just got it from Amazon 2-days later.

I think you'll like it--give it a try!

Respected Contributor

I tried it and it made my nails peel. That was in the winter, so I may try again now that it is summer on the off chance that it was the weather.
Super Contributor

On 7/31/2014 cosmic1 said: I tried it and it made my nails peel. That was in the winter, so I may try again now that it is summer on the off chance that it was the weather.

I had the same experience, both over the winter and when I tried it again in May.

Honored Contributor

I use only the oil. Its a better deal than TIPS. I am allergic to any and all polishes on the market. But I have nice nails without polish. Reading how many people have trouble with peeling, splitting nails, I'm thinking there are a lot of people allergic to polish out there.