Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone UNDERSTAND the Perricone TSV?

[ Edited ]

@Funloving  

"Sunscreen, retinoids, exfoliation, vitamin C and a good moisturizer is the best you can do."  

I can use no form of retinoids or vitamin C and very few sunscreens all FDA approved and I'm far from being the only person in this boat.  I can't even use Perricone's vitamin c ester.

Then you paraphrase -  

It was Dr. Perricone after all who said-- paraphrased; "Promise women youthful beautiful skin and they'll pay anything."  

Then you get personal- 

I've come to the conclusion he's an arrogant jerk who needs to start using his own 'liquid gold', if it's truly never too late. But that's just my opinion too.

How do you know if he does or doesn't use?  He might use this and his skin might be the best it can be.  

This doesn't seem to fun loving -it seems personal?  Do you know him?

Now do you see my point.  It's like a hit and run!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tune Up wrote:

@Funloving  

"Sunscreen, retinoids, exfoliation, vitamin C and a good moisturizer is the best you can do."  

I can use no form of retinoids or vitamin C and very few sunscreens all FDA approved and I'm far from being the only person in this boat.  I can't even use Perricone's vitamin c ester.

Then you paraphrase -  

It was Dr. Perricone after all who said-- paraphrased; "Promise women youthful beautiful skin and they'll pay anything."  

Then you get personal- 

I've come to the conclusion he's an arrogant jerk who needs to start using his own 'liquid gold', if it's truly never too late. But that's just my opinion too.

How do you know if he does or doesn't use?  He might use this and his skin might be the best it can be.  

But you see @Tune Up- I'm not running anywhere.  I have disclaimed every statement by saying this is my  personal opinion and I stand by those.  I did edit the personal remark which wasn't necessary.  Just because *I think it* doesn't mean I have to announce it here.  I agree, that was a little harsh for this forum.   

Just a suggestion-  you might want to call CS to check the levels of C Ester in the Conformer if you're super sensitive to that ingredient.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know how Dana is doing?  I hope she's doing well.  I never watch the presentations because I can't and won't pay that much for skin care.  I use Elysee's red and blue serums and some other stuff that I have from Elysee and Josie Maran.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Funloving wrote:

@Tune Up wrote:

@Funloving  

Then you paraphrase -  

Then you get personal- 

But you see @Tune Up- I'm not running anywhere.  I  have disclaimed every statement by saying this is my  personal opinion and  I stand by those. 

Yes, it's a biased personal opinion which indicates you don't like him although you never have met him.  So how can anyone take your opinion seriously?  They can't because it's swayed by your dislike.  And that's okay, but why do you post on his threads?  I'm just curious?

it's kinda like me typing.  Have you seen Paula Begoun?  She needs to use her own smelly products on that face and big body.   They never worked for me and I tried them for a long time.  I'm paraphasing here - Paula said write a couple of books and women will believe anything I say and buy my products. -  

This is a biased opinion which indicates I don't like her and I don't.  but I also don't post on her threads with my negative personal opinions which I stand by as well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tune Up wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

@Tune Up wrote:

@Funloving  

Then you paraphrase -  

Then you get personal- 

But you see @Tune Up- I'm not running anywhere.  I  have disclaimed every statement by saying this is my  personal opinion and  I stand by those. 

Yes, it's a biased personal opinion which indicates you don't like him although you never have met him.  So how can anyone take your opinion seriously?  They can't because it's swayed by your dislike.  And that's okay, but why do you post on his threads?  I'm just curious?

it's kinda like me typing.  Have you seen Paula Begoun?  She needs to use her own smelly products on that face and big body.   They never worked for me and I tried them for a long time.  I'm paraphasing here - Paula said write a couple of books and women will believe anything I say and buy my products. -  

This is a biased opinion which indicates I don't like her and I don't.  but I also don't post on her threads with my negative personal opinions which I stand by as well.

@Tune Up 

Your point was well-taken before you went further with this.  I edited the personal remark because it was too strong for this forum... and I don't need to make personal remarks to drive my point.  I never have before, so I shouldn't now.  Thanks for pointing that out.   I did also mention to check with CS re: the level of C Ester in the Conformer if you have a strong reaction to this ingredient.

Frequent Contributor

@Funloving It's all good.  No need to edit your post we are all entitled.  

If you noticed I don't post much  Mainly on Perricone as the neuropeptide line really agrees with my skin and I've had a rough go with skin issues.  

What irritates me besides being hung over on wine is if I listened to personal opinions vs buying and trying I might have been swayed the wrong way by people who have never use this line.  The price is a non issue for me and for many other people.  Another reason I like Perricone the doctor himself is because he lives by his research.

If you're a Paula lover my apologies although it is how I feel.  the majority of attacks on Perricone on these boards is by Paula lovers (why are they here?) and I don't like her or her products as I think they're cheaply made.

My apologies if I took it to far.  I just want to encourage the buy and try because of my experiences and it really doesn't matter what science or before and afters or models look like or say because in the end if doesn't work for you it doesn't work.  If you can't afford it you shouldn;t be watching and that's part of being an adult.

Good day to you!

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tune Up wrote:

@Funloving It's all good.  No need to edit your post we are all entitled.  

If you noticed I don't post much  Mainly on Perricone as the neuropeptide line really agrees with my skin and I've had a rough go with skin issues.  

What irritates me besides being hung over on wine is if I listened to personal opinions vs buying and trying I might have been swayed the wrong way by people who have never use this line.  The price is a non issue for me and for many other people.  Another reason I like Perricone the doctor himself is because he lives by his research.

If you're a Paula lover my apologies although it is how I feel.  the majority of attacks on Perricone on these boards is by Paula lovers (why are they here?) and I don't like her or her products as I think they're cheaply made.

My apologies if I took it to far.  I just want to encourage the buy and try because of my experiences and it really doesn't matter what science or before and afters or models look like or say because in the end if doesn't work for you it doesn't work.  If you can't afford it you shouldn;t be watching and that's part of being an adult.

Good day to you!

Spoiler

@Tune Up -  You're absolutely fine.  I enjoy your posts, including our diversities. It would be so dull if we all thought alike.  I do agree.  I don't think it has to escalate to personal attacks- so you did have a good point.  I have no problem seeing how that came off badly.

Even if I loved Paula B., your opinions woudn't bother me.  I just don't get riled up over skincare vendors. We all have different likes and dislikes... and I like it that way! LOL

Feel better, girl!  Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have one last rhetorical question to ask & point to make in this thread, then I'm off to do pilates.  The last series of posts got me thinking....

why does it sometimes seem there's a full-out rivalry over specific vendors?  Do you feel you have to commit 100%  to one skincare line over another?  

Not that anyone cares, but I use a less talked about brand of cleanser,  Paula's Choice AHA & her 1% Clinical Retinol. I was using yet another system of retinol as a break from Paula's and now I'm back.  My vitamin C serum and moisturizer are also unknown to most and not sold on the Q..  I still use a few Perricone & Skinn products thrown into the mix.

I don't subscribe to the school of thought you must use one line of skincare to achieve efficacy.   It would be nice if it were that simple.  Being a research freak I check everything that goes on my skin.  Admittedly my research goes well beyond skincare ingredients.  If you're another research freak you know exactly... HA!

Enjoy your Sunday, beauties...  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

I have one last rhetorical question to ask & point to make in this thread, then I'm off to do pilates.  The last series of posts got me thinking....

why does it sometimes seem there's a full-out rivalry over specific vendors?  Do you feel you have to commit 100%  to one skincare line over another?  

Not that anyone cares, but I use a less talked about brand of cleanser,  Paula's Choice AHA & her 1% Clinical Retinol. I was using yet another system of retinol as a break from Paula's and now I'm back.  My vitamin C serum and moisturizer are also unknown to most and not sold on the Q..  I still use a few Perricone & Skinn products thrown into the mix.

I don't subscribe to the school of thought you must use one line of skincare to achieve efficacy.   It would be nice if it were that simple.  Being a research freak I check everything that goes on my skin.  Admittedly my research goes well beyond skincare ingredients.  If you're another research freak you know exactly... HA!

Enjoy your Sunday, beauties...  Heart

@Funloving, I agree.  Perricone does wonders for me, and Algenist is another brand I like.  I've tried most others, including Paula's Choice and PTR, and though not a fan of either, would never think to go on their threads and completely bash their fans and call them fools.  I'm amazed...and honestly a little saddened by it.

Trusted Contributor

@Tune Up wrote:

@Funloving  

...cut...

Then you paraphrase -  

...cut...

I've read this comment before and it's unfortunate that it appears it was taken out of context several years ago and continues to be.  It's my understanding that Dr. Perricone was referring to the beauty industry's attitude as a whole, not his.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007