Respected Contributor

Anyone UNDERSTAND the Perricone TSV?

I apologize if I am being redundant!

They had 2 - 1 hour shows that I watched part of.  I STILL don't really understand WHY these products work.

Am I the only one that's not impressed by how good it is, how good Dr. Perricone is, blah, blah, blah.

Am I the only one who wants the SCIENCE behind WHY this product would work???

No, I can't be the only one!

Hyacinth   Cat Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone UNDERSTAND the Perricone TSV?

No, I don't care for his products.  Nothing personal, I just use Dr. Denese's firming facial pads and Hydroshield.  That's it.

I've been using these for quite a few years.  My two daughters use these.

I don't understand why his products are always so expensive.  The main reason I use these is because I'm a creature of habit.  I don't have any wrinkles and I'll be 70 this year.  So what!  It means I don't have wrinkles but my body is a train wreck.

I think if you wash your face every morning and night and get the old skin off (look at how much you shed per day) then put on a good moisturizer (it doesn't have to be expensive), you'd be good to go.

Everyone wants to suddenly get rid of their wrinkles.  I don't think any of these products will really do that.  

Here's a thought.....When was the last time you saw a male as worried about his wrinkles as women?  When?  When was the last commercial that showed males worried about losing weight?

We women are stupid the way we chase trying to lose weight and not have wrinkles.  

I'm all for looking good (I said what I use).  However, I think women need to start paying attention to these advertisers.

Here's another point.  Why do they just use young women?  Every now and then they'll use someone older, but if you blink, she's off the screen.  You know why?  Because we all want to have no wrinkles and be a skinny size.  We all know that, so why can't we accept that all we can do is start early in avoiding the sun, take care of our bodies and wash off that dead skin.  Ha!

It's almost like the advertisers are saying, "The more you spend on something, the better it is".  Hummmm???  Are we that stupid?

Why in the heck can't this man come on the show?  I've always wondered this?

Valued Contributor

I have used Perricone products for years now and consider myself very lucky to have been able to advance my skin care to his level.  The results have been fabulous.

I do not like everything he has and those items that I have tried and found wanting.....I do not purchase again. Try something else and thru trial and error I have found a level that I like.  Of course, they want you and tell you that you can use everything but we all know that is financially impossible and not practical.

Have purchased the TSV from today.  Had tried the facial cream before and was not over the moon about it but the price with the facial conformer is a steal.  The facial conformer I only use once a week for a special skin treatment because it is so expensive but that routine has been working for me.  There is no way using it every day twice a day will last six months so you have to learn to get thru the weeds of marketing to find the right path for yourself.  My purchase of the TSV was to lock in this price and I will work with the products to my liking.

Started using the new OVM serum last week at night and I LOVE  it!  That I will stay as part of my night time routine.  It does give an instant cushion effect to the skin which is beautiful.

Hope this has helped.  My work background is skin care so I do have an advantage there.  All things are not for all people so finding what works for you can be time consuming and frustrating but be diligent and you will find the right path for you.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

No @hyacinth003, you are not the only one! I used Perricone products for about 10 months straight when I was about 40. They did absolutely nothing for my skin.

Out of sheer frustration and continued problem skin, I sought out a dermatologist for the first time in my life. She explained a ton to me in that visit, including an explanation about Perricone's marvelous marketing dept., which (as you note) has absolutely nothing to do with science. She said to me that day, "When there is a true over-the-counter skincare product that performs the miracles these marketing departments promise, it will be breaking news on CNN, not breaking news at Sephora!"  I loved that and have never forgotten it.

That one visit to my derm changed my skin forever. I dumped all the lotions and potions marketed to be miracles and instead followed the dermatologist's advice by using products that actually work. I've been doing that now for 17 years and boy, am I glad I have. My skin is terrific and my wallet is extremely happy because I no longer spend a fortune on promises-in-a-bottle that don't work. 

I've learned to always follow the science—i.e., the double blind clinical studies, not the silly "X out of X number of women said that.... " marketing statements that mean nothing at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I apologize if I am being redundant!

They had 2 - 1 hour shows that I watched part of.  I STILL don't really understand WHY these products work.

Am I the only one that's not impressed by how good it is, how good Dr. Perricone is, blah, blah, blah.

Am I the only one who wants the SCIENCE behind WHY this product would work???

No, I can't be the only one!

Hyacinth   Cat Frustrated

Hyacinth--it's VOO DOO!!

Esteemed Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

No @hyacinth003, you are not the only one! I used Perricone products for about 10 months straight when I was about 40. They did absolutely nothing for my skin.

Out of sheer frustration and continued problem skin, I sought out a dermatologist for the first time in my life. She explained a ton to me in that visit, including an explanation about Perricone's marvelous marketing dept., which (as you note) has absolutely nothing to do with science. She said to me that day, "When there is a true over-the-counter skincare product that performs the miracles these marketing departments promise, it will be breaking news on CNN, not breaking news at Sephora!"  I loved that and have never forgotten it.

That one visit to my derm changed my skin forever. I dumped all the lotions and potions marketed to be miracles and instead followed the dermatologist's advice by using products that actually work. I've been doing that now for 17 years and boy, am I glad I have. My skin is terrific and my wallet is extremely happy because I no longer spend a fortune on promises-in-a-bottle that don't work. 

I've learned to always follow the science—i.e., the double blind clinical studies, not the silly "X out of X number of women said that.... " marketing statements that mean nothing at all.

aspengrove--any hints about the products that have been working for you?!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

aspengrove--any hints about the products that have been working for you?!

Hah! Yes, @nana59.  Didn't mean to be mysterious! My derm, of course, made sure I was using daily SPF, which I was. She was thrilled that I was/am using Elta MD 41 tinted because she said it's one of the best mineral (no chemicals) sunscreens on the market. So, every morning I use a moisturizer (of my choice) because I have dry skin and then apply Elta MD sunscreen right over it. That's it!

And, she started me on prescription Renova (tretinoin/Retin-A in a moisturizing base) every night. That's it! I used the name brand until a generic became available. I've seen the cumulative results that the scientific double blind clinical studies—that were done over a period of 10 years on real humans—revealed.  As my derm explained, SPF (of at least 30 for daytime) and tretinoin/Retin-A for nighttime remain the only PROVEN BY SCIENCE "anti-aging" ingredients.

I should note, also, that I asked my derm about all the research on peptides, DMAE, and other ingredients that marketers say are miracle potions and she showed me the actual studies done on some of those ingredients. Some were only done in consumer studies and all the others were done only in vitro (in test tubes) NOT on real human skin (that was attached to real humans) in double blind clinical studies! Big, big difference.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I have had some of the best derm doctors and yet they will have me wash my face with things that have parabens in them........I still think giving moisture to your skin is essential and I will tell you.........I see a difference in Perricone.  It has I think stopped the aging to where I age slower.......so I will continue to be stupid and maybe use what is not working but to me I think it is.  I know the blue plasma under the eye exfoliator has done wonders for the tiny lines I had under my eyes are not there but very teeny tiny.....so that is working.  There are things I am not using now and I have been using the firming cream with the neuropeptie facial cream but now I don't need the neuropeptide facial creeam beacuase I am getting it twice now..........so for moistureizer I don't know what to do for a savings.  Lactaid lotion is great for skin.......it burns a little but I showed this 24 years ago to a plasstic surgeon and he said it was a miracle cream and what used to be prescribed you can get now by asking the pharmacy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using the nepeptide facial cream for a year and a half and and the change in my skin is unbelievable!!  I was skeptical but just skipping a day changes the way my makeupe goes on.  I don't care what some dermatologists say, I judge for myself and don't say it's worthless unless I try it for myself.  Nothing works for everyone and everyone doesn't have to like everything.  We all can choose what we will buy and use.  I use several of his products and am impressed with them and his research also.  What products I like and use are worth  every penny.

Trusted Contributor

I used Renova and Retin A and yes they do help I think for sure but did they find out it can make your skin thinner?