Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Make a Purchase During Sephora's Spring Sale?

[ Edited ]

@monicakm ,My eyes aren't really red, only if I wear my contact lenses too long!  LOL!  I can't figure out why, but I look kinda sick with pink all over my lids.  I've been hitting the center lid with just a touch of some of the pink colors and with blending and a brown, grey or navy liner (thanks, Shanus!) I can make them work.  But at this rate, the pink shadows will be all that is left!

Trusted Contributor

jellyBEAN, I just saw a review today by Hot and Flashy on you tube (an older reviewer) and she loves the Sephora brand eye liners and was recommending them. Hope that helps.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Sammijo10 

Do you happen to have bloodshot/red eyes?  My mother once told me that pink and mauve eyeshadow would make my eyes look sickly so it's not something I ever wore.  Now I know that that's not always the case.  It might be for her but I don't have bloodshot eyes and I love pink e/s on my blue eyes.  However, Sephora is so good about returns so if it's not a good choice, I know they'll let me return it.

@monicakm   The trick to wearing pink toned shadow and not getting the "rabbit effect" is to wear a darker liner to separate the shadow from the eyes. Also be sure to check under the lashes that no skin is showing. That can be a pinkish tone, too.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, Sephora doesn't carry my skincare...more expensive than makeup items.

I may try a lash serum, but figured if I liked it, would have to continue using it forever at the regular price. I don't need more perfume and the few items in my cart, like stated by another poster, were sold out. 

I think I said here a few years ago, whether Sephora is rewarding its better customers (Rouge members) or not, I really don't agree with the tier ststem of letting one group purchase first at a higher discount and then items sold out by the time others get the opportunity to buy at a lower discount.

This is just a marketing incentive to have people spend more during the year to achieve the higher status. No thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I have a small list of items I'm thinking about.  One is Daisy Eau So Fresh roller ball or mini spritzer.  I just luv that fragrance - so light and springy, but I don't need a large bottle of it.

I'd also like an eyeliner - probably a brown shade, to attempt a waterline under my top eyelashes.  Dominique Sachse recommends doing this as opposed to lining the top lid, and I think she knows what she is doing, I enjoy her so much.  Not sure which brand to choose though.  Pick Sephora brand and not spend too much?

Some sort of tinted moisturizer might be nice.  Or a self tanning face oil.  I'll probably order something for sure.

@jellyBEAN   To answer your eyeliner question, since it's applied in the waterline and between lashes, it must be waterproof and also a softer pencil. I prefer one that I can sharpen to keep it sanitary. I use UD 24/7 liners. 

Honored Contributor

There are quite a few people who swear by the Fenty Fly pencil for tightlining the upper lashes.  I've never tried it but I personally find the UD 24/7 pencils to be highly overrrated. They are almost too soft and because of that, it seems like I had to sharpen mine every other time I used it.  I also really dislike pencils I have to sharpen.

FYI, Sephora Collection products are 30% off.   I have been using their brand of liners for years so I ordered more.  I also ordered the make-up removing balm which I absolutely love.

Right now there is nothing else I need so I have no intention of placing another order.  I do want to try the Olaplex shampoo and conditioner but I was hoping they would put together a value set and they didn't.  I'm not buying each of those separately so I will wait.  I'm only an Insider so 10% off isn't enough to entice me to take the plunge.  I will wait for the Nordstrom sale.  They usually have an Olaplex deal. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammijo10 @jellyBEAN I absolutely love the Sephora Collection eyeliners.  I use the retractable waterproof ones, not the ones you have to sharpen and not the liquid.  They have a great color selection, they stay on my eyes, don't irritate my eyes and you get a good amount of product. They aren't so soft that you run through them quickly but they aren't hard to apply either.  

I'm not a tightliner so I have no idea how they would work for that but they are waterproof so I think you'd be ok.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I do that Smiley Happy  I'll either use black or navy

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I remember when you bought it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

LOVE (and swear by) Fenty's FlyPencil