Valued Contributor

Any reviews for the tarte shape tape concealer

Does anyone use this and is it really as good as it seems in the presentation? I ordered it but will ship 11/22/17 so I still have time to cancel if it is not as great as it seems.

Valued Contributor

Re: Any reviews for the tarte shape tape concealer

I LOVE this concealer.  It is my new holy grail.  Better than anything else I have used. I threw all my other concealers out (IT, Urban Decay, NYX, Smashbox, Philosophy).  It takes the teeny tinyest amt to do the job, so this tube will last forever!.  It doesn't crease or dry out on the skin.

I put a dot under my eyes and then tap tap tap with a damp small beauty blender.  I got mine at Ulta, and the girl color matched me....but don't be discouraged by a color that is slightly off (mine is)....it blends perfectly.  Wow is this a good concealer.!

Respected Contributor

@BetsyDoodleI have tried cheap and expensive concealers and I found this to be the best. I use a mini damp makeup sponge (Ulta, Target) to blend it.  If you want to try a cheaper concealer down the road, I like the Maybeline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles. I don't have dark circles but I have a small bag under one eye and some small brown spots and this works for that. Not as good as the Shape Tape but close.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Trusted Contributor

It's a good concealer, almost identical to Kat von D's Lock-It.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used Mallys  yellow under eye brightner exclusively  until I tried this 

It works great ! just like they claimed it would -  and on the occasional blemish it really feels like they are "Taping " it down 

I love that it comes with the sponge  

Highly recommend  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I couldn't wait to get it when I ordered it but I was disappointed. Let me preface this by saying I am 60 with dry skin. I found it to be drying and didn't smooth out on me. I dampened the sponge and tried it several times and it just wasn't for me. A lot of ladies must love it because it does get raves. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but maybe it just didn't like my mature dry skin. I have used IT Bye Bye Under Eye and right now I am using Doll 10 Hydrabalm Precision Stick that I really like.

Honored Contributor

I really like this concealer a lot!  I have blue-ish dark circles under my eyes from allergies or whatever and this works really well for those.  Don't think I'll ever find anything that will cover them up completely but this comes pretty darn close.  I'll continue to use it.

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I couldn't wait to get it when I ordered it but I was disappointed. Let me preface this by saying I am 60 with dry skin. I found it to be drying and didn't smooth out on me. I dampened the sponge and tried it several times and it just wasn't for me. A lot of ladies must love it because it does get raves. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but maybe it just didn't like my mature dry skin. I have used IT Bye Bye Under Eye and right now I am using Doll 10 Hydrabalm Precision Stick that I really like.

I am several years older and I didn't care for it either.  Was a return for me.

Valued Contributor

Wow!  Thanks for all the reviews. Looks like I won't be cancelling the order.  Glad that it is what they said it was in the presentation. Even my husband said he could tell a difference in the before and afters.  I thought it was a good buy, but then I got to doubting myself, but thanks for all your help! 

Super Contributor

Older ladies, thank you so much for giving your opinions on this too. I am older as well, so it is so important that we older gals hear how things might work for us as opposed to the raves for many products that only work well on younger skin. I was getting all excited reading about this, but since my skin is older with fine lines and poor texture, I doubt this product would ending up looking nice on me either. Thanks again!