Valued Contributor

What Body Lotion Is Good For Older Skin?

U gals seem to know your products and I enjoy reading your posts.

Looking for a body lotion for "suddenly old skin" that appears overnight it seems.  Sagging, crepey, dry, wrinkled, age spots etc.   Those of you that have had this suddenly happen know where I am coming from.  

Bare legs and arms one summer and long sleeves and slacks the next summer.  If it were not so bad it would be magical how quickly the skin can change.  

TIA for any assistance on what you have had success with.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: What Body Lotion Is Good For Older Skin?

@INDIANA BONESI use Josie's whipped argon oil on my old body, and I try to apply it within a few minutes after I towel off from my shower.

Just this week my even more elderly BIL was told by the dermatologist he consulted about terrible scaly itching that he could use a bit of Vaseline - again while he was still damp from his shower.

Honored Contributor

I am 65, I choose only body lotions that contain good skin care ingredients similar to those used for the aging face. Isomers on Evine has a few good ones to choose from. More than just moisturizing.

Honored Contributor

I've been using this lotion for a long time. I am 62 and I don't have crepe-y skin because of this lotion, I believe. The glycolic acid keeps my skin smooth and hydrated. 

2298315.jpg

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle @millieshops

Thank you for your gracioius help.  Going to take a peek at Isomers and Argan Oil Body now to see if either comes in a large size on Easy pay.  I like to slather.  LOL

Have a friend that has baby soft skin/legs at 60.  All she uses is baby oil after a bath while wet.  ALAS did not work for me but I was probably too far gone.  Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've been using this lotion for a long time. I am 62 and I don't have crepe-y skin because of this lotion, I believe. The glycolic acid keeps my skin smooth and hydrated. 

2298315.jpg

Thank u for sharing this. I can't wait to go read reviews on this.  I have never heard of it but I am not a shopper.   I am back and this comes in an Enhanced version.  It is a great price and available at most brick and mortar.   Thanks for sharing!   Most sites 5 star reviews.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out Isomers on Evine item 312-064, body cream loaded with peptides. Right now this is is about the only Isomers body cream offered, the only other one is more of a skin brightening dark spot remover formula. You can also check out Isomers on ebay. Lots of listings right now.

Trusted Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

@Shelbelle @millieshops

Thank you for your gracioius help.  Going to take a peek at Isomers and Argan Oil Body now to see if either comes in a large size on Easy pay.  I like to slather.  LOL

Have a friend that has baby soft skin/legs at 60.  All she uses is baby oil after a bath while wet.  ALAS did not work for me but I was probably too far gone.  Smiley Frustrated

Your remark about your friend made me think of something.  I have two slightly younger friends, both in their sixties, who have their share of lines and wrinkles on their faces, especially one who is very lined.  However, the skin on their hands, arms and legs is amazingly smooth, no crepiness, no age spots, etc.  Extremely young looking, whereas my arms and legs (we won't even talk about my hands) are spotty, and somewhat crepey.  My face is not bad at all for my age.

I even teased my one friend once, when we were both wearing shorts and I compared our legs, and I asked her if her legs had ever "seen the light of day".  I know she has been in the sun an average amount, though, and doesn't use sunscreen on her arms and legs, or goes to any trouble to cover up, so go figure.

It is to such a great extent genes and the luck of the draw.  Products help I suppose, but mostly it's genes.

Honored Contributor

Alpha is made with petroleum and mineral oil I prefer not to use these on my skin, just my personal preference. Paula's Choice makes AHA body lotions and BHA ones, with no mineral oil or petrochemicals.

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle  that u for checking out that Isomers item number for me.  It will not hurt to try a few products as we have enough gals in the family to use them all.