Contributor
I am 44 years old and battling oily, acne prone skin along with aging skin. I'm looking into the new Proactive+ Skin care line because it seems to be geared toward adult skin problems . Any advice?
Contributor

I've used the original Proactiv for years--since it came out in the early 90's. It worked better than most of the things prescribed by my dermatologist. I switched to Proactiv + about a year ago and it's ok, but not great. It doesn't work as well as the original IMO. Don't waste your money--it's ridiculously expensive & overpriced on QVC too. I've since switched to products from Paula's Choice that work much better and don't bleach all my towels, sheets & clothes like the BPO in Proactiv does.

Frequent Contributor
I used both for awhile and both dried out my skin and stopped working eventually...I'm the same age with the same skin and have been using the Cliniqe acne line for a few months and it's been working really well! Plus the soap last forever!!!
Contributor
dglvr2, u use all three parts to the Clinique Acne line? Do you add any anti-aging serums and eye creams ?
Frequent Contributor
I use their moisture surge eye cream but no serum...I know I should be but I am so nervous to add anything else as my skin breaks out from everything!!!! Really though I have tried almost every line out there and I think since this uses both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid that us the key for me at least! Any other questions please don't hesitate!!!
Super Contributor
I know someone who has battled with acne for years (as an adult) and has tried many lines that didn't work. I saw her recently and her skin looked amazing. Best I've ever seen it! I asked her what she's using and she said the new Proactiv +. She had tried the original Proactiv years ago and it really dried out her skin. I would say it's worth a try for the low price. HTH! Smiley Happy