Respected Contributor

Re: Any Hair Stylists to help with a Question?

yes you are asking for it if they put more bleach in your hair.   and yes you will have to at the very least tip the new colorist based on the service. 

i have been doing my own bayalage for a long time. you don't overprocess your hair with peroxide/bleach!  if the result is too yellow you can tone it. too orange?  that is tough to fix.

have the salon do a toner to balance the blonde shade. 

btw i agree foils are sort of yesterday. bayalage results in a much more natural result. the thing i hate about foils is the rr track streaks.

Respected Contributor

@Wannabeincali

1. please read my previous responses

2.  he IS a colorist and is manager of the salon, please read my post

3. I never said I hated the balayage

A  see 3

B that is correct, as I mentioned in my post they are gold

B  Please read my respones, I have tried a violet shampoo

Have an appt to get it foiled next week.  Thanks for your well wishes!

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline - actually the balayage did not turn out very natural looking, but kind of highlighted clumps over my head with very different gold colors.

Someone good using foils can make my hair really beautiful looking and more natural than what I have now.  I'm not new to highlighting, so I know this for a fact.

What I have looks well, cheap.  Like I tried to do it myself and failed.  And I don't like looking cheap. lol!

I will ask about a toner, but balayage and foils are two totally different processes I'm told.  We'll see how it turns out next week.