Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Any DS facial scrub good for sensitive skin like mine???

Hi Ladies, I like using a gentle scrub a few days/week. In the past, I've used SSC Phyto-Pumpkin scrub (available on HSN.) It has worked surprisingly well for me, with no irritation of my Rosacea. However, I'd like to find something at the drugstore. Any recommendations???? TIA Smiley Happy And I apologize in advance about the lack of spacing and paragraphs--using my iPad! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Re: Any DS facial scrub good for sensitive skin like mine???

Personally I am not a huge fan of physical scrubs, I pref chemical (glycolic, lactic, etc) exfoliation HOWEVER once in a while I do this DIY treatment/scrub and my sensitive skin likes it ok.

3 tablespoons milk 1 tablespoon warm honey 1 cup sugar 2 tablespoons olive oil

Valued Contributor

Thanks, nodecaf.Smiley Happy I will try it!
Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 glmama said: Hi Ladies, I like using a gentle scrub a few days/week. In the past, I've used SSC Phyto-Pumpkin scrub (available on HSN.) It has worked surprisingly well for me, with no irritation of my Rosacea. However, I'd like to find something at the drugstore. Any recommendations???? TIA Smiley Happy And I apologize in advance about the lack of spacing and paragraphs--using my iPad! Smiley Happy

I've used Fleur de Lis Rice and Papaya Enzyme Powder for a gentle exfoliation. It's water-activated so you can make it as creamy a consistency as you like. It's basically the generic of the well-known "geisha" product.

The only thing, if anyone orders this, DO NOT GET THE UNSCENTED, as it has a horrible stinky feet/wet dog smell to it.

Respected Contributor

I use Salma Hayek Wild Lime Exfoliating Gel when I want a nice gentle exfoliation, but my face wants a scrub. I buy Garden Of Wisdom Diamon Dust (Aluminum Oxide Crystals) & I use it however I want that day. I use it mixed with a bit of Mother Of Pearl Powder I have & massage it across my skin or you can add it to your cleanser for a gently scrub.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Dusty and F1wild. I will look into the brands/items you both mentioned.

Dusty-I have read a bit here and elsewhere about the Salma Hayek Line. I have a CVS very close to me so I will definitely check this one out.

Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 nodecaf said:

Personally I am not a huge fan of physical scrubs, I pref chemical (glycolic, lactic, etc) exfoliation HOWEVER once in a while I do this DIY treatment/scrub and my sensitive skin likes it ok.

3 tablespoons milk 1 tablespoon warm honey 1 cup sugar 2 tablespoons olive oil

This sounds good, nodecaf, thanks for posting!

glmama, someone posted (sorry, can't remember who) a great tip about using plain white sugar. We don't use white sugar, so I took what we use, Demerana, which is a courser grain and gave it a few spins in a coffee bean grinder to make it into a very fine powder which I find to be gentle on the skin.

I just mix some into my cleanser (I use Suzanne Organics and/or Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk), gently message onto my face and leave it on for about 5 mins or so and then rinse. Works like a charm and super inexpensive.

ps.........Demerana sugar works great as a body scrub too

Trusted Contributor

I don't use a physical scrub too often, but I've used one by Oil of Olay in the past that I absolutely loved (got the recommendation from this board). It's called Pore Minimizing cleanser and scrub and it's very gentle. I need to get some more of that stuff.

Valued Contributor

On 8/27/2014 vaccinia said:

I don't use a physical scrub too often, but I've used one by Oil of Olay in the past that I absolutely loved (got the recommendation from this board). It's called Pore Minimizing cleanser and scrub and it's very gentle. I need to get some more of that stuff.

Thank you, vaccinia.Smiley Happy This sounds like what I'm looking for.
Valued Contributor

Hi magemay-Thank you--I've heard so much about DIY sugar scrubs and I've never done one-I'll have to try.Smiley Happy