Honored Contributor

Another goat milk

[ Edited ]

This soap is very nice-haven't tried the other products. What I wanted to emphasize is the fact that they are the only goat farm to achieve this symbol. In the whole US. This happens to be their yearly free shipping day, too.  honeysweetieacres. You'll find it. Have a look at those precious goats, too. No, I'm not affiliated. They happen to be in my city and do business all over the country. I want to go there but haven't had the chance. I guess their soap bars aren't as large as 'the other goat milk soap' on Evine, but they last quite a while.

Certified Humane Raised and Handled®

Valued Contributor

I buy handmade soap from a local soap maker and have many friends who are farmers, both organic and industrial. From my conversations with them, this looks like just another marketing trick certification. I have one friend who grows crops and sells them at the farmers' markets. She said she wanted to be certified organic, but decided not to because of the cost and paperwork. Basically, it's just "pay to play"...there aren't enough inspectors to make these certifications worth anything.

She decided to just tell people she grows without gmo's and pesticides...that way, she can keep her prices low.

Respected Contributor

I am finding that I love the "Goat Milk Stuff" Soap better than the Beekman. They also have free shipping if you spend $15. Their soap lasts a long time. 

Honored Contributor

@Quse wrote:

I buy handmade soap from a local soap maker and have many friends who are farmers, both organic and industrial. From my conversations with them, this looks like just another marketing trick certification. I have one friend who grows crops and sells them at the farmers' markets. She said she wanted to be certified organic, but decided not to because of the cost and paperwork. Basically, it's just "pay to play"...there aren't enough inspectors to make these certifications worth anything.

She decided to just tell people she grows without gmo's and pesticides...that way, she can keep her prices low.

They don't say they're organic. It's the humane issue that I care about. I remember a few months ago when they got certified, they were so thrilled. They sent us a long email. My little symbol was just to let you know. If you are so oriented, which I am.

Honored Contributor

My late husband always said he was raised by drinking goat milk when he was an infant.

Of course he also said he went to a 4 story high school.....I'd say, "That sounds like a fish story".  Then my daughter visited his (for real) 4 story high school...

So, my point is if he said he was raised on goats milk, he was.  Ha!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting.  I may give them a try.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Judaline!!  I ordered a few things to try.  I was able to pay with my PayPal account, which is my preferred payment option.  Smiley Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I thought about trying them out. They only have 1 bar of Honey/Oats? I would have to buy the large log. Wish they had more in stock. Since they have logs they should cut more bars.

I have been using the Beekman Honey/Oats all over the areas where I had the Shingles rash. It really feels good.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Goat Milk Stuff.  The bars last a very long time.  I even take one to the gym and don't always remember to open the container when I get home.  Very little melting.  Their liquid that I use with their foamer takes so little product to get my hands clean.  My dry hands love it.  Love their family CS.  Tried the Beekman and it's just not as good.  Tried their facial wipes.  They had a horrible stench to them so I called the company.  To say the least the CS was horrible.  Will never use anything from them again.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline,   It's a nice website but when checking out they want me to go through Paypal and I can't be bothered with all that (reading the agt. ,etc or whatever it was).  I currently use Zum goat's milk soap and never experienced any dryness so I will stick with it.  Thanks for posting.  I did call my girlfriend to let her know about the spray for allergies, bug bites for pets.

kindness is strength